Physician Practice Operations Administrator | Hospital-owned Physician Practice Group | New York State
Galileo Search represents an exciting opportunity for a proven turn-around expert and physician practice operations leader. The ideal candidate will have experience in Medical Group Administration, Physician Relations, and Growth Initiatives. This leader must be an expert at developing effective and efficient medical group structures, improving overall performance, driving key projects, and establishing strong physician relationships. Primary responsibilities will center around leading projects and facilitating communication between physicians and key stakeholders. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Administrator will support all Clinical and Business Operations, as well as oversee the daily operations and strategic growth of the physician practice group. The ability to address broader strategic matters and manage day-to-day tactical operations are essential for this position.
• Provides strategic direction to implement a transformative clinical vision and agenda
• Recommends, develops and Implements key process/performance improvement initiatives
• Oversees all clinical staff, including physicians, nurses, techs, and support staff
• Aligns strategic and economic incentives while advancing quality improvement and patient safety initiatives
• Collaborates with the organization's leaders to develop further continued growth of clinical services
• Builds integration across the continuum of care
• Advances the operational quality and performance of physician practices
• Catalyzes the advancement of clinical excellence, clinical performance/accountability, and clinical alignment
• Contributes to the strategic agenda, including business strategies (prioritization of programs, markets, growth), clinical strategies (development of protocols, safety and quality targets, and other clinical standards), and marketing strategies
• Develops business and operational plans for existing and new sites to include operational optimization
• Determines yearly revenue and expense budgets for primary care sites
• Supports leadership and human resources in the development of recruitment and retention planning for the provider workforce
• Guides the changing medical landscape, the continuum of care and future opportunities
• Represents the hospital practices at community functions/events while actively engaging in outreach activities/programs
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) and/or Six Sigma Lean a plus
• Minimum 7 years of healthcare management experience in a physician practice setting, directing and running the day-to-day operations of a medical practice organization
• Proven track record and expertise as a turn-around/change agent versus maintenance approach
• Multi-specialty (preferred) or primary care experience
• The position requires excellent analytic and communication skills, strong financial planning skills, and solid knowledge of physician compensation models
• In-depth knowledge of physician practice management processes, hospital operations, electronic medical record systems, and human resources policies
• Ability to prioritize and simultaneously manage several projects/issues
• Significant ambulatory experience/physician management experience required
• Knowledge and command of the principles of financial analysis, strategic planning, operations, human resources, and information systems
• Ability to collect, analyze and apply data and other pertinent information to develop short- and long-term practice goals and budget needs
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written (e.g., monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting)
Located in upstate New York, this location is rich in history and considered one of the most affordable places to live in the entire state of New York. With a close proximity to lakes, rivers and mountains, this area provides an unparalleled quality of life.
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.