Infection Preventionist | BS, MPH | Acute Care Experienced
Galileo is proud to be representing this energetic, hands-on Infection Prevention Epidemiologist with 5 years of overall experience and 4 years in an acute care environment. He has excellent foundational skills that would make him an asset to any Hospital IP program. He is genuinely excited and passionate about Infection Prevention and Data collection and reporting and plans to sit for the CIC exam soon.
- Epidemiology/ Infection prevention and control in an acute hospital setting
- Proficient using EPIC software, Sorian Clinicals software, Theradoc, and Meditech
- SAS software, Stata software, and SPSS software
- Extensive knowledge of the Department of Health regulations, Centers Medicare and Medicaid Services regulations, and the Joint Commission Standards
- Infection control risk assessment and mitigation processes during construction and renovation
- Prevention strategies for device associated infections
- Isolation protocols
- Environmental Care Rounds
- Management of exposures to communicable diseases
- Collecting data, analyzing data, and creating presentations in a way that is easy to understand
- National Healthcare Safety Network reporting, disease surveillance, and staff education
- Microsoft Office (proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Infection Preventionist, 1000-Bed Acute Care, TJC, Teaching Hospital (Pediatric and Adult) - 4-Years
- Responsible for using surveillance criteria to identify all infections hospital wide to include CLABI (ECMO, VAD, MBI), CAUTI, CDIFF, and MRSA Bacteremia. When infections are identified, sending out detailed notifications to all units and senior leadership for awareness, scheduling deep dives, and identifying opportunities.
- Reporting all items required to the National Healthcare Safety Network for the hospital (device days, patient days, infections, LabID, NICU central lines by birthweight, Oncology central lines by temporary/permanent).
- Created and maintained presentations for the following committees: PICU, NICU, Pediatric Quality, SSI, and Bone Marrow Transplant.
- Created and maintained a spreadsheet to track all hospital acquired infections that automatically generated: scorecards by hospital, showed units pending deep dives, gave infection data by month, and also showed any trends in opportunities.
- Created and maintained graphs to track the prevalence of all respiratory viruses’ hospital wide to identify any peaks.
- Directly responsible for: adult and pediatric hematology units, inpatient rehab, emergency department, radiology, and pediatric surgical unit. Responsible for each unit’s isolation, device audits, environment of care rounds, construction rounds, hand hygiene rounds, clean to dirty rounds, and educating staff on infection control evidence-based practices.
Infection Preventionist (Contract) 235-Bed Children’s Hospital TJC, Academic Teaching Hospital
- Responsible for daily infection surveillance, isolation guidelines, staff core orientation education, and reporting to the National Healthcare Safety Network(NHSN)
- Educated staff on infection control evidence-based practices.
- Participated in the oversight of healthcare construction and renovation projects in order to minimize infection risk to patients.
- Served on the Antibiotic Stewardship Committee, Infection Control Committee, Environment of Care Committee, Patient Safety and Quality Committee, and committees to monitor catheter-associated urinary tract infections, central line-associated bloodstream infections and surgical site infections.
- Interim Infection Preventionist
- Interim Director of Quality
- Interim Risk Director
- Interim Director of OR
- Policies & Procedures Review Consultant
- Performance Improvement Specialist
- Interim Medical Staff Coordinator
- Risk Manager
- Medical Staff Coordinator
- Infection Preventionist Director
- Director of Quality Management
- Director of Employee Health & Safety
- Director – Behavioral Health
- Credentialing Coordinator
"Galileo is very easy to work with and provides well-qualified candidates. Kimberly consistently reaches out to see how things are going and did not hesitate to make a change when we weren't satisfied. The screening and onboarding process is quick, and having another company to employ the interims makes the process that much simpler for us. Galileo is my first choice for interims."Michelle L., Administrator of Human Resources
“I have been working directly with your Quality Leadership Consultant daily and I must say I am so impressed! Her wealth of knowledge, her positive attitude, and her ability to keep things moving forward are impressive. I agree with the team that we would absolutely love to keep her!”
"Galileo listens to it's clients' needs, by purposefully selecting, and preparing, candidates who will exceed our expectations. Galileo continues to exceed our expectations in finding qualified leaders to add value to our organization.”