System Director of Infection Prevention | RN Required | North Carolina
Discover the perfect blend of career growth and quality of life in North Carolina. As a thriving hub for healthcare professionals, North Carolina offers a dynamic and supportive environment for your career aspirations. Home to world-renowned medical facilities, cutting-edge research institutions, and a burgeoning biotech industry, this location promises unparalleled opportunities for advancement in healthcare.
Beyond your career, North Carolina’s enchanting mix of vibrant culture, scenic beauty, and mild climate ensures an exceptional quality of life. With top-notch schools, a bustling arts scene, and an abundance of outdoor activities, North Carolina truly is the place where your professional dreams meet an exceptional lifestyle.
• 3-hospital health system with 900+ beds combined
• 10+ FTEs, including shared administrative support
• Provides leadership and is responsible for the operational oversight of system-wide activities and initiatives relating to Infection Prevention
• Assess TJC readiness, prepare for survey, corrective action planning
• Ensures alignment and standardization of programs, policies and procedures related to the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections
• Coordinates with clinicians and administrators to improve patient and systems-level outcomes and reduce HAIs and related adverse events
• Engages senior leaders, management, and nursing staff through education and training while fostering a culture of shared responsibility for infection prevention
• Facilitates and coordinates all activities identified in the organization’s infection prevention program
• Recognizes outbreaks of hospital-acquired infections and performs necessary epidemiology follow-up, attempts to discern the cause, and implements necessary control measures to prevent future occurrences
• Evaluates infection prevention aspects of patient care products, equipment, and supplies for safety
• Reports presence of communicable diseases to appropriate local and state health departments and agencies
• Ensures rigorous infection control standards that meet TJC, CMS, Department of Public Health, FDA, and CDC requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
• RN Required
• Certification in Infection Control (CIC) is strongly preferred
• 5+ years of recent Infection Prevention leadership experience in an acute care setting
• Knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements related to infection prevention and control
• Proficient in the use of the computer and associated surveillance software
• Detail-oriented, critical thinker, effective communicator with analytical abilities and strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of hospital staff
• Available to travel to the client site and work a full-time schedule, M - F, or as needed
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.