Director, Rehabilitation Services | Hospital | Southeastern, US
Located in the heart of the South, listed as one of the ‘Top 25 U.S. Places for Low Cost of Living,” the city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, sporting activities, world-class shopping, and a diverse foodie/dining scene to keep even the most active resident fully engaged. With affordable home prices, lower national average taxes, and a more economical cost of living, this is a great location for improving your quality of life. Homes also cost lower than the national average, and this state has some of the lowest property tax rates in the nation.
The area offers colorful autumns, pleasant springs, balmy summers, and mild winters. It has excellent proximity to the beach and the mountains. Snow and ice are rare, and the average low temperatures are above freezing even in the coldest months
• Directs the Occupational, Speech, and Physical Therapy staff
• Integrates varied rehabilitation practices, standards, policies and procedures to ensure the optimization of resources
• Establishes an environmental framework that celebrates cultural diversity, communication, business ethics, accountability and empowerment
• Develops and manages a fiscal, operational plan that supports facility strategic imperatives
• Maintains efficient and effective department operations while ensuring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols
• Performs as a liaison between Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, Speech Therapy, Administration, Medical Staff, Nursing Staff, and the community
• Represents the department at appropriate meetings
• Trains new personnel, provides an opportunity for the development and professional growth of staff and conducts annual staff performance evaluations and assessments
•Maintains performance improvement activities within the department while assuring the competency of all staff members
• Evaluates all services delivered by the department
• Develops and implements processes/systems for reviewing department charges, ensuring that patient charges are accurate and entered on an accurate/timely basis
• Assists in formulating budget, evaluating department performance, and taking appropriate action to remain within the budget guidelines
• Provides direct care to patients of all ages on an as-needed basis
• Bachelor’s required
• Active Occupational or Physical Therapy License
• 5+ years of rehab leadership experience
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the healthcare spectrum
• Performance management skills, financial acumen, strategic planning, communication skills, knowledge of industry standards, leadership and interpersonal skills; analytical skills to solve technical problems as well as abstract reasoning to define the course of actions when information may be vague or unclear
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.