Director, Quality and Patient Safety | RN Required | New England
Our client is a thriving community hospital & medical center that has provided world-class healthcare for over 100 years. This TJC-accredited facility is nationally awarded and recognized for its unwavering commitment to being the best community healthcare system in the state. The organization prides itself on being both patient and community-centric.
This area is known for its forested natural beauty, majestic mountains, covered wooden bridges, hiking trails, and destination-worthy skiing. All four seasons unravel at a leisurely pace. The town provides numerous community opportunities, abundant outdoor activities, and an excellent school system. The tight-knit community believes in supporting and enriching their residents’ daily lives and supporting locally owned businesses.
• 140-bed, TJC Accredited, Acute Care Hospital | 10 FTEs
• Accountable for all aspects of quality improvement and regulatory readiness for the entire organization
• Sets the strategic direction for programs and functions necessary to support the organization in the pursuit of high-quality care and effective operations
• Develops, deploys, and evaluates performance improvement and risk reduction initiatives and processes
• Enhances administrative operations that help improve patient care delivery and safety
• Creates a culture of continuous improvement excellence within organizations by maximizing the potential of its people, processes, and systems
• Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulatory and licensing requirements, including aspects of Joint Commission readiness
• Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Current RN (Compact) required
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) or Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) preferred
• Certification in Lean Six Sigma or other process improvement methodology is strongly preferred
• 5+ years of experience in an acute care setting in quality improvement or risk management
• Knowledge of Joint Commission standards, PI tools, Lean principles, and statistical analysis
• Experience in formalized quality improvement, business and strategic planning activities, management, financial planning, and budgetary cost control
• Strong Microsoft Windows desktop application and navigation skills
• Knowledgeable regarding budget development, ability to read and quality and financial reports and understand and apply to areas of responsibility
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of hospital staff
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.