Director of Medical Staff Services | Onsite | New York State
NOTE: This opening is not in NYC.
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
This is an incredibly exciting time to join this organization. Our client is an integrated, non-profit healthcare delivery system that includes two hospitals and a new state-of-the-art facility opening later this year with a focus on innovation, technology, and services beyond what was originally possible. Known for its rich culture and abundant natural resources, picturesque rivers, and towering mountains, this charming, family-friendly, and diverse community has it all, including excellent school systems, low crime, and the cost of living lower than the national average.
• 3 FTEs
• 700+ Physicians and Mid-Levels
• Provides leadership, management and operational oversight of Medical Staff organizational support services and works collaboratively to achieve system goals
• Partners with Medical Staff Leadership to plan, organize, prioritize, and coordinate Medical Staff activities
• Ensures compliance with requirements of regulatory and accreditation bodies that are relevant to the Medical Staff Office activities
• Serves as the liaison between the Medical Staff Office and other departments across the system
• Creates and maintains complete policies, procedures, and processes associated with the functioning of the department and related controls to promote timely communication and adequate information flow
• Manages the credentialing software system, ensuring the accuracy of the data, running queries and reports as requested, and ensuring all users are appropriately trained as applicable to their role
• Serves as the primary resource within the department and to the administrative staff of other departments relative to medical staff services
• Ensures communication in a timely and professional manner with both internal and external customers
• Associates degree or equivalent training and experience required, Bachelors degree preferred
• Certification by the National Association of Medical Staff Services as a CPMSM or CPCS preferred
• Minimum 5 years of current hands-on Medical Staff Office administrative management experience with an understanding of accreditation and regulatory standards related to medical staff functions
• Familiarity with MD-Staff software and DNV accreditation standards highly preferred
• Responsible for the operations of the department, including all aspects of personnel management, assigning workload, and monitoring the productivity of the team members
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of hospital staff
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.