Director - Medical Staff/Credentialing Services | Hospital System | Southeastern US
Our client is a highly regarded not-for-profit healthcare system at the forefront of cutting-edge medical technology. They pride themselves on being one of the state's most advanced health systems, delivering exemplary care across the region. The organization and its employees take pride in and are actively involved with their surrounding communities. There are approximately 950 providers and mid-level practitioners.
The facility is in a thriving community in the heart of the Southeastern US. With affordable home prices and a low cost of living based on national averages, this is a great town to call home. Recreational activities are abundant, with reasonable proximity to the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, or beautiful mountain ranges.
The area offers colorful autumns, pleasant springs, balmy summers, and mild winters. Snow and ice are rare, and the average low temperatures are above freezing even in the coldest months.
Contact us to explore this outstanding career opportunity.
• Provides leadership, direction, process improvement models, and initiatives and establishes evidence-based, best practice analysis to improve/establish work standards
• Promotes medical staff compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies by continuously monitoring the operations of the Medical Staff Office and effectively initiating change as needed
• Attends departmental and committee meetings
• Assists leadership in the enhancement of physician engagement, loyalty, workforce planning, leadership development, recruiting eligibility, satisfaction, and system-wide growth
• Ensures that all licensures and other required certificates are up to date and filed in the practitioner’s credentialing file
• Accounts for accurate maintenance of departmental records, confidential physician data, and hospital correspondence
• Utilizes a variety of electronic databases to ensure current compliance
• Oversees the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of special projects
• Acts as liaison to system leadership on credentialing matters
• Collaborates with system Quality on FPPE and OPPE
• Coordinates and maintains Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, Policy and Procedures
• Contributes to efficient and cost-effective operation of the Medical Staff Service by monitoring and planning for budgets and expenses
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
• Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of current hands-on Medical Staff Office administrative management experience with an understanding of accreditation and regulatory standards related to medical staff functions
• Knowledgeable of the legal, state, and federal agency guidelines and regulations for Joint Commission, CMS, and NCQA
• Experience with credentialing software
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, detail-oriented and proven organizational skills
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of hospital staff
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.