HIM Director | Multi-site Hospital System | Alabama
Our client is a three-hospital integrated healthcare system that remains at the forefront of cutting-edge advances in medical technology, continually redefining possibilities in healthcare. They pride themselves on being one of the most technologically advanced health systems in the state and delivering exemplary care across the region. The organization and its employees are actively involved with their surrounding communities. After more than a decade of representing the organization in leadership search and staffing, we have grown to genuinely appreciate the commitment to their employee's quality of work/life balance and long-term success.
Located in the heart of the South, listed as one of the ‘Top 25 U.S. Places for Low Cost of Living.’ The city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, sporting activities, and dining options to keep even the most active resident engaged. With affordable home prices, inexpensive taxes, and a low cost of living, this is a great city to stretch a salary or a pension. Homes cost lower than the national average, and this state has some of the lowest property tax rates in the nation.
The area offers colorful autumns, pleasant springs, balmy summers, and mild winters. It has excellent proximity to both beaches and the mountains. Snow and ice are rare, and the average low temperatures are above freezing even in the coldest months.
• 37 FTEs | 3 Team Leads support the HIM Director
• Oversees two hospitals 24 miles apart
• Directs ongoing activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance of, and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures covering the privacy of and access to patient health information in compliance with federal and state laws and the healthcare facility’s information privacy practices
• Serves as a resource for the facility regarding medical record content and regulatory requirements
• Responsible for successful maintenance of patient records and availability of the medical records at all times
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws (HIPAA) and accreditation standards
• Adheres to and implements information privacy laws, access, release of information, release control technologies, confidentiality consent, authorization forms, disclosure tracking, information notices, and materials reflecting current policies and procedures pertinent to the privacy of protected health information (PHI)
• Improves staff performance through ongoing counseling, coaching, delegation, and feedback practices
• Ensures HIM operations are executed effectively and efficiently to perform within the established budget
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• RHIA (Registered Health Information Administrator) certification preferred
• 5 or more years of Health Information Management and Coding Management experience
• 3 or more years of direct supervisory/leadership experience in a healthcare environment
• Knowledge of CMS (Medicare and Medicaid) regulations, state laws, federal regulations, as well as non-regulatory standards such as Joint Commission standards related to HIM and coding
• EMR implementation experience preferred, as well as a strong coding background
• Demonstrated mastery of communication and leadership behavioral competencies, as well as a demonstrated ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary teams
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.