Pharmacist | Hospital System | Alabama
Our client is a 400+ bed hospital and an integral part of a highly regarded not-for-profit healthcare system that remains at the forefront of cutting-edge advances in medical technology, continually redefining possibilities in healthcare. They pride themselves on being one of the state's most technologically advanced health systems and delivering exemplary care across the region. The organization and its employees are actively involved with their surrounding communities. After more than a decade of representing the organization in leadership search and staffing, we have grown to genuinely appreciate the commitment to their employee's quality of work/life balance and long-term success.
The facility is located in a thriving community with friendly people and a wonderful hometown feeling, a place where you and your family can feel they belong. With affordable home prices, inexpensive taxes, and a low cost of living, this is a great town to call home, raise a family or eventually retire. Recreational activities are abundant, with reasonable proximity to the Gulf of Mexico, the Atlantic Ocean, or beautiful mountain ranges.
The area offers colorful autumns, pleasant springs, balmy summers, and mild winters. Snow and ice are rare, and the average low temperatures are above freezing even in the coldest months.
Contact us to explore this outstanding career opportunity.
• Reviews physician orders, coordinates dispensing of medications
• Ensures accuracy of all medication products prepared for dispensing
• Provides clinical and educational services to other healthcare professionals, patients, and their families in compliance with state and federal laws
• Supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment
• Provides safe, efficacious, rational, and cost-effective patient medication therapy by influencing physicians' use of resources and monitoring drug effectiveness
• Develops and improves integrated clinical and distributive pharmaceutical services
• Graduate from an accredited School of Pharmacy required
• PharmD degree preferred (or 3 years of clinical experience)
• Alabama Board of Pharmacy license current or eligible, Board certification preferred
• 3+ years of inpatient practice
• Proficient in needed pharmaceutical calculations and the metric system
• Knowledge in pharmacokinetic calculations and parenteral nutrition management, and aseptic technique
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of hospital staff
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.