System Director - Medical Staff Services | CPMSM, CPCS | Southwestern U.S.
A great place to live, work and play! The area is known for its strong/dynamic economy, low cost of living, affordable housing, pristine coastline, an abundance of outdoor venues, top-rated schools, mild winters, and warm summers.
Don’t simply make a job change; make a lifestyle change.
• 7 FTEs including 1 Manager | 600 Providers
• Works collaboratively with the Regional Chief Medical Officer and Medical Staff Leaders to plan, organize, direct and coordinate the programs and activities of the Medical Staff
• Establishes, contributes, and maintains continuity in the planning, development, and implementation of standards applicable to Medical Staff members relating to credentialing, quality, and administrative functions
• Ensures that all licensures (State license, DEA, DPS, etc.) and other required certificates are up to date and filed in the practitioner’s credentialing file
• Coordinates with quality department to ensure facilitation of both Ongoing Professional Practice Evaluation (OPPE) and Focused Professional Practice Evaluation (FPPE)
• Oversees reappointment proceedings before appointment expiration
• Accounts for accurate maintenance of departmental records, confidential physician data, and hospital correspondence
• Utilizes a variety of electronic databases to ensure current compliance
• Ensures timely and proper notification regarding any probable claims involving peer-reviewed cases
• Works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team approach to ensure physician concerns are addressed through established medical staff processes
• Bachelors degree required
• Certified Professional Medical Services Management (CPMSM) or Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist (CPCS) required
• Minimum 5 years of current hands-on Medical Staff Office administrative management experience with an understanding of accreditation and regulatory standards related to medical staff functions
• Experience with Joint Commission, CMS, and other laws/regulations preferred
• MD-Staff experience highly preferred
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of hospital staff
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.