Infection Prevention Team Lead | RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH | Southeastern, U.S.
Our client is a three-hospital integrated healthcare system that remains at the forefront of cutting-edge advances in medical technology, continually redefining possibilities in healthcare. They pride themselves on being one of the most technologically advanced health systems in the state and delivering exemplary care across the region. The organization and its employees are actively involved with their surrounding communities. After more than a decade of representing the organization in leadership search and staffing, we have grown to genuinely appreciate the commitment to their employee's quality of work/life balance and long-term success.
Located in the heart of the South, listed as one of the ‘Top 25 U.S. Places for Low Cost of Living.’ The city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, sporting activities, and dining options to keep even the most active resident engaged. With affordable home prices, inexpensive taxes, and a low cost of living, this is a great city to stretch a salary or a pension. Homes cost lower than the national average, and this state has some of the lowest property tax rates in the nation.
This may be a great place to call home if you dislike cold weather. The area offers colorful autumns, pleasant springs, balmy summers, and mild winters. It has excellent proximity to both beaches and the mountains. Snow and ice are rare, and the average low temperatures are above freezing even in the coldest months.
• Proven leadership skills with strengths in organizational development and the capacity to handle diverse activities in a fast-paced environment
• Consults with leadership and staff as the organization's infection prevention and control subject matter expert on matters related to infection prevention and control, including surveillance, epidemiology, outcomes measurement, quality/performance improvement, and employee health
• Ensures compliance with regulatory agencies, both federal and state, to ensure a safe working environment
• Educates employees and providers about infection control and contributes to staff training programs in regards to employee orientations and annual competencies
• Trains, coaches, and mentors junior Infection Preventionists
• Conducts surveillance, analysis, reporting, risk reduction, and outbreak control
• Make operational recommendations for systems and surveillance software
• Continually evaluates all patient care and infection prevention procedures and activities within the facility while making recommendations for and taking all necessary steps toward continuous patient care improvements
• RN, MT(ASCP), or MPH
• CIC (Certified Infection Control) preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in a healthcare field
• Knowledge of characteristics of various infectious organisms and the proper approach to preventing and minimizing the transmission of disease. Knowledge of CDC, OSHA, and state and federal guidelines and regulations
• Demonstrated expertise in The Joint Commission (TJC) Accreditation
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.