Infection Prevention Manager | Southeast - Where Southern Charm Meets the Sea
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is actively recruiting for an experienced acute care Infection Prevention Manager. Our Client is an award-winning, nonprofit health care system based in the coastal Southeast.
Live/Work/Play: This gem of a setting offers a close-knit community of friendly locals, beautiful beaches, foody-worthy restaurants, and an exceptional cost of living for a coastal location. The area is also known for its Victorian-era historic district, centuries-old oak trees, shopping, vast marshlands, and natural historical attractions.
The surrounding islands offer coastal resorts, national monuments, parks, and superb golf clubs. This outstanding career opportunity, coastal location, and temperate climate make it the perfect spot for the next step in your career, not to mention an exciting new lifestyle!
ABOUT THIS OUTSTANDING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
• Manages an FTE Infection Preventionist with excellent data support expertise
• Develops and manages activities related to preventing infections in patients, team members, visitors, and the community-at-large in clinical and other settings within the Health System
• Responsible for designing, implementing, and directing a hospital-wide infection control program
• Coordinates workflow within the department to ensure proper communication of activities
• Performs surveillance, data collection, analysis of data, dissemination of results, and implements and evaluates control measures
• Intervenes directly to prevent transmission of infection by the identification and implementation of control measures during outbreaks or clusters of infectious diseases
• Develops, implements, and monitors surveillance of healthcare-acquired infections and other adverse events
• Works collaboratively with the Team Member Health program to reduce the incidence of communicability of infections between patients, staff, and other healthcare workers
• Coordinates with clinicians and administrators to improve patient and systems-level outcomes and reduce HAIs and related adverse events
• Monitors compliance with mandates of accrediting and regulatory agencies related to practices associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections
• Monitors and benchmarks healthcare-acquired infection rates to implement quality improvement activities designed to improve patient outcomes
• Utilizes accurate methodology in the selection, risk adjustment, and analysis of indicators
• Promotes awareness of the Health System’s compliance with all legal and accreditation standards and other guidelines and recommendations that pertain to the appropriate practice of infection control
• Collaborates and provides liaison with local and state health departments for reporting of communicable diseases and other related conditions and assists with control of infectious diseases in the community
• Provides educational programs in infection prevention and control to health system team members and community organization workers
• In collaboration with department leaders, provides oversight for monitoring sterilization, disinfection, and sanitation processes
EXPERIENCE | LICENSURE | CERTIFICATION | EDUCATION
• RN (Registered Nurse) preferred
• Certification as an Infection Control Practitioner (CIC) required
• Minimum of 5 years of acute care healthcare experience
• Ability to assume a leadership role in the implementation of strategies designed to prevent and control associated healthcare infections
• Knowledge of patient care management, principles of asepsis, microbiology, pathology, immunology, and medical statistics or biostatistics
• Experience in the practice of epidemiological principles and infectious disease as they relate to infection control
• Understanding of regulatory, accrediting, and advisory body requirements
• Knowledge of sterilization, disinfection, and sanitation processes
• Comprehension of performance improvement processes
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.