Director - Quality | Not-For-Profit Hospital System | Texas
Don’t simply make a job change; make a difference. This could be your chance to pivot into becoming a thought leader within a highly regarded healthcare system, and organization that genuinely values healthcare quality from the top down.
Not sure the time is right; wait until you meet their Leadership & Quality Team.
Galileo is conducting a national search to fill a high-profile quality leadership position in Texas. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker, subject matter expert, driver of positive change, team builder, leader by example, and a healthcare quality ambassador.
The location is ideal if you are seeking a friendly community and the advantages of small-town life with the amenities of a larger city. The area offers boundless outdoor recreation, culture/arts, a rich history, and world-class shopping/dining. The cost of living is well below state and national averages to include housing. The area is also known for top-rated schools in academic performance including outstanding nearby colleges and universities.
• Directs the overall development, implementation, and integration of various regulatory, quality, patient safety, and other hospital improvement programs
• Oversees the activities of the quality management teams, administers process improvement initiatives, and directs the evaluation, interpretation, and documentation of improvements
• Promotes implementation of evidence-based quality and patient safety initiatives and engages associates at all levels as participants in the continual pursuit of improvement opportunities
• Drives processes for measuring, reporting, and improving various quality programs such as Patient Satisfaction and Patient Safety, Medical Staff privileging and peer review, accreditation, and TJC assessments
• Collaborates with groups responsible for outcomes across the continuum of care
• Establishes and maintains efficient and reliable mechanisms for monitoring, analysis, and reporting quality outcomes and process improvement initiatives
• Develops, facilitates, and coaches leadership on policy and procedures to direct processes within the organization
• Builds effective teams that are encouraged to apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve goals and objectives
• Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulatory and licensing requirements, including aspects of Joint Commission readiness
• Promotes and supports a comprehensive culture of quality throughout the organization
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree desirable
• Current RN License (Registered Nurse) preferred but not required
• CPHQ - Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality or similar certification highly preferred or obtained within two years
• Minimum of 5 years of clinical experience in a hospital setting, including progressive quality management responsibilities
• Proven leadership expertise in quality and regulatory compliance
• Experience with managing organizational change, regulatory compliance, process improvement activities, and quality management
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations related to health care and accrediting/certifying agencies such as The Joint Commission and CMS
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of hospital staff
• Strong written and verbal communication and proficient computer skills required
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.