System Director of Information / Cyber Security | Exclusive Search | Healthcare Industry | Southeastern, U.S.
Highly Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits | Relocation Package + Temp Housing
Our client is a three-hospital integrated healthcare system that remains at the forefront of cutting-edge advances in medical technology, continually redefining possibilities in healthcare. They pride themselves on being one of the most technologically advanced health systems in the state and delivering exemplary care across the region. The organization and its employees are actively involved with their surrounding communities. After over a decade of representing the organization in leadership search and staffing, we have grown to genuinely appreciate the commitment to their employee's quality of work/life balance and long-term success.
Located in the heart of the South, listed as one of the ‘Top 25 U.S. Places for Low Cost of Living.’ The city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, sporting activities, and dining options to keep even the most active resident engaged. With affordable home prices, inexpensive taxes, and a low cost of living, this is a great city to stretch a salary or a pension. Homes cost lower than the national average, and this state has some of the lowest property tax rates in the nation.
This would be a great place to call home if you dislike cold weather. The area offers colorful autumns, pleasant springs, balmy summers, and mild winters. It has excellent proximity to both beaches and the mountains. Snow and ice are rare, and the average low temperatures are above freezing even in the coldest months.
• Oversees the selection, development, deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and enhancement of the organization’s system-wide information security technology, information security program, and identity and access management program
• Departmental oversight for two Information Security Engineers
• Defines and executes the strategic vision
• Performs IT/IS security risk assessments, audits, and manages/conducts security incident investigations
• Collaborates with IT vendors to establish industry best practices for digital data security management and adherence to contracted services
• Serves as a critical member of the IT leadership team and works effectively with key decision-makers serving on the organization’s security committee
• Champions, administers, and provides an interpretation of Information Security Program policies/procedures to facilitate risk-based decisions by key stakeholders
• Consults and advises on advancements in information security technologies and related legal or regulatory changes, as well as accepted industry standards that influence information security
• Keeps current with the healthcare and information security technology, regulations, and laws
• Bachelor’s Degree required; concentration in MIS, IT, or related field desired
• Minimum 5 years of current information security or IT-focused Information Management leadership experience
• Certified Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), HCISPP, CHC, CHPC, CHSP, or other relevant certifications in information security
• Healthcare industry experience is preferred but not required
• Experience designing and securing applications and infrastructures in cloud environments
• Strong working knowledge of vulnerability management practices and tools
• Proven leadership skills, personal drive, and the ability to see projects through to successful execution
• Sound understanding of information security principles, processes, technologies, and practices
• Ability to understand a variety of platforms, operating systems, and applications and understand interoperability capabilities and constraints amongst such components
• Proven ability to communicate technology-related issues and security related-issues to various levels of the organization and external vendors
• Proven ability to lead and influence organization’s leaders to support efforts and implementation of strategic initiatives that impact the organization's performance, systems, processes, and structure
• Aptitude to analyze and interpret complex data and research and prepare comprehensive reports
• Strong analytical skills in budgeting, planning, and policy maintenance and development
• Significant experience with information security regulations (e.g., HIPAA Privacy/Security, Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls, Payment Card Industry (PCI) and applying these to identify appropriate controls necessary to maintain compliance)
• Possesses a sense of responsibility and accountability – someone who takes ownership and initiative
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills and efficient in planning, and organizing
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.