Corporate Director of Clinical Risk Management | RN | Exclusive Search | Alabama
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Package + Temporary Housing
Our client is an award-winning not-for-profit organization ranked among the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals based on overall organizational performance, patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability. There are three primary hospitals in close proximity and a clinic system. The senior leadership team is well established, highly supportive, and patient/staff/community-centric.
The city is surrounded by pristine lakes and is only a short drive to majestic mountain ranges, the Gulf of Mexico beaches, or the Atlantic Ocean. The area ranks in the Top 25 U.S. places for the overall low cost of living, affordable housing, and low property tax.
• 5 FTEs: 2 Clinical Risk Coordinators and 3 Patient Advocates
• Works in collaboration with the operational leadership, the quality management team, and legal counsel to mitigate risk
• Building upon excellent work and recognition in the areas of quality and safety, this leader will be responsible for overseeing a collaborative and skilled risk management program that is highly integrated with the principles of enterprise risk management and of high-reliability organizations
• Makes recommendations for risk management standards, investigation management, goals, strategy, and planning
• Supports recommendations with deep industry and technical knowledge
• Establishes new and innovative ways to monitor and measure risks and improve outcomes
• Provides critical communication and data-driven information to system leaders on high-risk issues and events and advises on plans to address those issues and events
• Educates leadership, staff, and physicians about risk management programs and their responsibilities to those programs
• Develops, supports and mentors staff members
• Reports all adverse events to appropriate regulatory and accrediting agencies as required
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred
• Alabama RN (Registered Nurse) or eligible for reciprocity
• 5+ years of acute care hospital clinical experience
• 3+ years of hospital risk management leadership experience ideally in a multi-site setting
• Certified Professional in Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM) preferred
• Understanding of tools and techniques used to identify system or process failures that contribute to patient safety issues
• Knowledge of Federal, State, and Local regulations related to health care and accrediting/certifying agencies such as The Joint Commission and CMS
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
• Proven managerial/leadership skills to include team building and retention
• An aptitude for ongoing professional development and learning
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.