Interim Infection Preventionist Program Development/Leadership Consultant | RN - CIC | Coastal Southeast
Galileo Search, LLC represents an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Interim Infection Preventionist Program Development/Leadership Consultant.
In the high profile assignment, the selected Consultant will collaborate with staff and stakeholders at all levels, performing as an IP Subject Matter Expert and Program Ambassador. This includes delivering ground-floor Infection Prevention Program operational support, assessment, evaluation, recommendations, program development, and deployment where applicable (e.g., department operations, compliance, education, software assessment, staff training/development, and quality improvement).
The deliverable for this assignment will be the handoff of a well defined strategy and program plan that can further be implemented by the organization. This will include crossover and training of new departmental employee(s).
Realizing that successful IP Program Development and Implementation can be a multi-year project, it is critical that the selected Consultant has a proven track record in laying the initial foundation and delivering comprehensive/workable program plans.
• 6+ month assignment. Requires a commitment to provide the initial deliverables through successful handoff
• Will work closely with the Infection Preventionist team and System Director of Quality Management
• Coordinates with clinicians and administrators to improve patient and systems-level outcomes, reduce HAIs and related adverse events
• Monitors compliance with mandates of accrediting and regulatory agencies related to practices associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections
• Promotes awareness of the Health System’s compliance with all legal and accreditation standards and other guidelines and recommendations that pertain to the appropriate practice of infection control
• Monitors and benchmarks healthcare-acquired infection rates to implement quality improvement activities designed to improve patient outcomes
• Collaborates and provides liaison with local and state health departments for reporting of communicable diseases and other related conditions and assists with control of infectious diseases in the community
• ntervenes directly to prevent transmission of infection by the identification and implementation of control measures during outbreaks or clusters of infectious diseases
• Provides educational programs in infection prevention and control to healthcare workers
• Participates in hospital orientation
• In collaboration with the Infection Prevention team, Director of Quality, and other department leaders, monitors sterilization, disinfection, and sanitation processes
• Bachelor’s degree (BSN) required with Master’s preferred
• Current RN license (any state) HIGHLY preferred
• Current CIC
• Minimum 10+ years of current acute care infection prevention and control leadership experience
• IP program assessment, development, and deployment
• Surveillance and data mining software evaluation, recommendation, and ideally deployment support
• Converting manual surveillance to automated processes
• Demonstrated knowledge of patient care management principles of asepsis, microbiology, pathology, immunology, and medical statistics or biostatistics
• Knowledge and experience in the practice of epidemiological principles and infectious disease as they relate to infection control
• Demonstrated understanding of regulatory, accrediting, and advisory body requirements (e.g., TJC, CMS, CDC)
• Ability to assume a leadership role in the implementation of strategies designed to prevent and control healthcare-associated infections
• Comprehension of performance improvement processes
• Available to travel to the client-site and work a full-time schedule, M - F, or as needed
About Galileo Search:
How will you benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry with weekly direct deposit
• Generous per diem for the housing of your choice if not provided by the client and for incidentals expenses
• Weekly travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car, or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Local, regional, or national assignments based on availability
• World-class support before, during, and after each assignment