Director of Perioperative Services | RN | California
Competitive Compensation | Bonus Potential | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
• Reports to Senior Director of Procedural Operations
• 21 OR’s | 251 FTEs
• Responsible for the twenty-four-hour coordination and supervision of the daily operations of the unit
• Participates in the development and management of department budgets and productivity targets
• Manages human resources utilization, promotes employee satisfaction, supports staff development, and utilizes the progressive discipline process when appropriate
• Evaluates the departmental function and the delivery of patient service
• Acts as a liaison between the patient/family, physician, and patient care team as necessary to problem solve
• Researches interdepartmental problems/issues and takes corrective action in a timely manner and promotes respectful responsive communication between departments to promote patient-centered care
• Evaluates outcomes through monitoring of the patient and makes appropriate changes in care to improve outcomes
• Guides staff in the adherence to applicable standards of care/practice and/or departmental/organizational expectations
• Translates knowledge of professional and regulatory standards to policies, practices, and procedures and maintains for current changes
• Bachelor's degree required
• RN License; active CA Licensure
• CNOR preferred
• CPR, ACLS required
• PALS required (within 6 months of hire)
• Minimum 5 years clinical nursing experience in Surgical Services
• Minimum 3 years of related supervisory experience
• Ability to lead, motivate, delegate, analyze information and problem solve.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn financial management and reporting, quality improvement processes, and human resources management
• Ability to act independently upon information and make decisions that achieve optimal results
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Arizona, AZ, California, CA, Colorado, CO, Nevada, NV, New Mexico, NM, Texas, TX, Utah, UT", "DON, Director of Nursing, Surgical Services, Surgery, Main OR, Open Heart, educator, quality improvement, risk management, patient safety, Operating Room, Perioperative, Patient Care, Med / Surg, Medical Surgical, Perioperative, Post, Strategic Planning, Post anesthesia care unit, outpatient, endoscopy, pre-op clinic, strategic planning, program development,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"