Infection Preventionist | RN, MT(ASCP), MPH | Arizona | Acute and LTC
• Responsible for facility Infection Prevention compliance with CMS Long Term Care Standards and The Joint Commission
• Designs and oversees a systematic, comprehensive, and data-driven Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement (QAPI) approach to maintaining and improving facility safety and patient/resident care quality while involving all caregivers in practical and creative problem solving
• Continually evaluates all patient care and infection prevention procedures and activities within the facility while making recommendations for and taking all necessary steps toward continuous patient care improvements
• Develops and implements an infection prevention and control program (IPCP) to prevent, recognize, and control the onset and spread of infection and reviews/updates the IPCP annually and as necessary.
• Conducts surveillance, analysis, reporting, risk reduction, and outbreak control
• Provides consultation on infection risk assessment, prevention, and control strategies
• Serves as a thought leader for infection prevention and control
• Advises and consults with physicians, nurses, and other facility staff members concerning precautions to be taken to protect patients, staff, and other persons from possible contamination or infection
• Establish and oversees a successful antibiotic stewardship program that includes antibiotic use protocol and contemporary prescribing practices
• Oversees employee immunization program while assuring that available immunizations are offered to all interested employees
• RN, MT(ASCP), MPH
• CIC Preferred
• Two years of current experience in acute care infection prevention & control
• Acute care, CAH, and Nursing Home experience preferred
• Current and continuing BLS training and certification
• Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing, while performing all essential functions
• Proven knowledge and experience in the practice of epidemiological principles and infectious disease as they relate to infection control & prevention
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with hospital staff, physicians, patients, and patient's families
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.