Interim Director of Surgical Services | Strategic Leader | Change Agent | Southeastern, US
HIGHLY COMPETITIVE PAY | LODGING | RENTAL CAR or MILEAGE | PAID FLIGHTS HOME WORLD-CLASS SUPPORT
Galileo Search, LLC represents an outstanding interim opportunity for an experienced Senior Director of Surgical Services.
Our client is ranked among the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals based on measures of overall organizational performance, patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability. They were also ranked in the top 15 Health Systems nationwide. The organization credits its success to visionary leadership, a hospital-wide culture of excellence, and openness to adopting new technologies and techniques. The hospital is accredited by The Joint Commission and is a highly regarded, not-for-profit healthcare system with deep roots in the community. The facility is a Level II Trauma Center. This high-profile position will report to a supportive Vice President of Patient Care Services / Chief Nursing Officer.
Ready for warm summers and mild winters. Located in the heart of the South, where southern charm meets the modern city, you will be in drivable proximity to the Gulf Coast, Atlantic Ocean, and the mountains. The city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, parks, sporting activities, museums, theaters, southern cuisine/indoor/outdoor dining venues, and so much more.
2. The interim Director of Surgical Services will have oversight of all surgical programs at the facility
3. The position is supported by five managers and team leads/charge nurses
4. Serves as a consulting resource to other surgical programs within the healthcare system
5. Requires strong OR leadership experience/skills, proven management/staff development/mentoring skills, change management, strategic planning, budgeting, and superb interpersonal and customer relations skills
6. The ability to effectively plan and allocate financial, physical, and human resources as well as comply with regulatory agencies is essential
7. Among the units overseen by the Interim Director of Surgical Services, there are approximately 140+ FTEs
8. Department oversight consists of 15 total operating rooms (OR), which include hybrid, two cystoscopy rooms and two open-heart rooms, same-day surgery, PACU, anesthesia department, pre-op, outpatient department, central sterile, post-anesthesia care unit, and endoscopy department. Combined, these entities perform 20,000+ cases each year
9. Department includes an excellent staff of surgeons, constantly working to improve the quality of care in the surgery department
10. Their vascular suite is state of the art, performing the most advanced vascular procedures. The Center for Advanced Surgery is known for its cutting-edge surgical procedures, allowing patients to return home quickly
• Current RN licensure
• CNOR preferred
• Strong clinical background; progressive experience in surgical services/OR, ideally a minimum of 5+ years of current senior-level management experience
• Proven expertise in change management, strategic analysis/planning, and staff development/mentoring
• Strong written and verbal communication & proficient computer skills required
About Galileo Search:
How will you benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry with weekly direct deposit
• Generous per diem for the housing of your choice if not provided by the client and for incidentals expenses
• Weekly travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car, or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Local, regional, or national assignments based on availability
• World-class support before, during, and after each assignment