System Controller | Exclusive Search | Multi-Site Hospital System | Southeastern, U.S.
An ideal long-term career advancement opportunity for an experienced Director of Finance, Assistant Controller, or Controller with a succession plan/career track to System CFO. Our client is seeking a new member of their leadership team willing to commit and invest in their organization today and into the future. The CFO and executive team are committed to hiring, mentoring, and developing a future CFO.
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is partnering with a highly regarded not-for-profit healthcare system to recruit an experienced Controller. The Controller will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer to oversee system-wide direction and leadership of the fiscal operations while maintaining proper financial controls to ensure reliable and accurate financial reporting and integrity of financial services and applications.
The city is surrounded by pristine lakes and is only a short drive to majestic mountain ranges, the Gulf of Mexico beaches, or the Atlantic Ocean. The area ranks in the Top 25 U.S. places for the overall low cost of living, affordable housing, and low property tax.
About the Career Opportunity:
• Management responsibilities will encompass 4 Directors and a total staff of approximately 20 additional employees
• Perform as a contributing member to senior leadership within the Finance Department, working closely with other team members to help implement and continuously improve the health systems’ financial strategy
• Direct the analysis and interpretation of financial information and aid in the development of business operating plans
• Lead Finance Department’s resource management to ensure achievement of expense management objectives and efficient and effective use of assets
• Monitor and report financial performance to identify trends and safeguard the assets of the organization
• Oversee the timely and accurate financial reporting for the healthcare system and its affiliates
• Develop and manage strong relationships both inside and outside of the department
• Advocate for the department/function and work collaboratively with colleagues and other members of the institution
• Create and spearhead system-wide quality and improvement initiatives
• Analyze and interpret accounting regulations and assess their impact on financial covenants and other benchmarks
• Ensure alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of the department and organization
Experience | Licensure | Certification |Education:
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) a plus but not required
• Minimum 5 years of current/comparable healthcare financial managerial/leadership experience
• Strong technical and analytical skills, and adept at communicating ideas and facts, packaging information and concepts to increase understanding by others
• Knowledge of hospital accounting and reporting requirements and expense management; awareness of continuing changes that affect financial reporting
• Ability to coach, mentor, and build capabilities of team members
• Outstanding communication skills; sound listening capability; skilled at influencing a variety of people
• Well organized and disciplined, with the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities efficiently
• Excellent project management capability; can structure and lead business initiatives and achieve quality results on a timely basis
• Technology and system savvy with an exceptional understanding of processes, systems, and databases. Knows how to use them efficiently and effectively
• Projects competence, credibility, and professionalism
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.