Compensation Manager | HRIS | Healthcare | Southeastern, U.S.
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is partnering with a not-for-profit healthcare system to recruit an experienced HRIS Compensation Manager. Our client is an award-winning organization ranked among the Nation’s 100 Top Hospitals based on overall organizational performance, patient care, operational efficiency, and financial stability. This position reports to the Director of Human Resources.
The city is surrounded by pristine lakes and is only a short drive to majestic mountain ranges, the Gulf of Mexico beaches, or the Atlantic Ocean. The area ranks in the Top 25 U.S. places for the overall low cost of living, affordable housing, and low property tax.
In this high-profile role, the selected candidate will plan, develop and implement new and revised compensation programs, policies, and procedures for exempt and non-exempt positions. Responsibilities will include survey participation and compensation analysis to keep salaries, hourly wages, and compensation programs competitive.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Play a vital role in the development, design, implementation, and administering of compensation programs that are market-driven and performance-oriented
• Supervise a team of 5 data specialists
• Design and implement compensation programs to meet objectives with regards to internal equity and external market competitiveness
• Develop and deliver compensation best practice training to appropriate stakeholders
• Make recommendations on structure modifications, merit, and pay policy/practice adjustments
• Complete projects to assess pay structure across both clinical and non-clinical roles
• Conduct market analysis, prepare structure redesign proposal and cost impact analysis, deliver findings to HR leadership along with recommendations for cost alternatives that align with budget
• Oversee job evaluations and job audits
• Serve as a critical resource and point-of-contact for complex wage and salary inquiries
• Partner with the recruiting team to develop competitive offers for new hires and existing employees
• Stay current on external best practices and relevant changes to the compensation field; communicate updates to leadership
• Create and maintains comprehensive documentation of business practices and requirements for use in process improvement and application upgrades and implementations
• Complete projects as assigned
• Act as an internal consultant on compensation plans and issues
• Five years of current experience in compensation to include writing job descriptions, evaluating jobs, conducting salary surveys, performance management, and administration/development of pay programs
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP), SHRM-CP, or related preferred
• HRMS experience managing data and pulling/analyzing reports
• Knowledge of human resources laws, regulations, and compensation best practices
• Leadership compensation program experience
• Prior experience working for hospital or health system as compensation subject matter expert a plus
• Knowledge of market compensation data sources and best practices for application and presentation of market data
• Must demonstrate good judgment, strong business acumen, effective and influential leadership skills
• Excellent project management, organizational, and follow-through skills required
• Self-motivated and able to work independently or as part of a cross-functional team
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Access, Excel)
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.