Assistant Director of Patient Access | Southeastern, U.S.
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is partnering with a not-for-profit healthcare system to recruit an experienced Assistant Director of Patient Access. We are seeking a promotable candidate as there is a path to advancement. A genuine passion for Patient Access Services and a desire to grow professionally are essential in this role.
Our long-term client is an expanding 450+ bed not-for-profit acute care facility fully accredited by The Joint Commission.
The city is surrounded by pristine lakes and is only a short drive to majestic mountain ranges, the Gulf of Mexico beaches, or the Atlantic Ocean. The area ranks in the Top 25 U.S. places for the overall low cost of living, affordable housing, and low property tax.
• Directs three Managers with total oversight for approximately 80 FTEs
• Works collaboratively with the System Director of Patient Access and facility leaders to develop Patient Access plans and improvement processes
• Serves as the ambassador/liaison for patients, managers, directors, administration, and corporate leaders
• Reviews patient satisfaction results with the System Patient Access Director and makes recommendations for improvement in performance and results
• Assumes a lead role in innovation and knowledge sharing and leading practices identification within Patient Access and Revenue Cycle
• Provides leadership and mentoring for the Unit Practice Councils of assigned facilities and locations
• Oversees patient access operations at assigned facilities including Emergency Room, Outpatient, Inpatient, Guest Services/Information Desk, Financial Counselor and Cashier
• Ensures assigned facilities are compliant with improvement and throughput initiatives
• Responsible for monitoring key performance indicators and recommending changes and improvement plans to provide the highest quality of registration and patient experience
• Completes other special projects as assigned
• Ensures staff is provided with the highest quality of instruction and education of patient access processes
• Serves as a subject matter expert for patient access processes and information technology
• Resource in the deployment and implementation of new Patient Access strategies, processes, or technologies related explicitly to staffing efficiency and patient experience
• CHAM (Certified Healthcare Access Manager) Certification preferred
• Minimum 5 years of leadership experience required
• Our ideal candidate will understand insurance coverage, medical coverage, medical charges, managed care authorizations/denials, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare HMOs, Blue Cross, United Health Care, Humana, Cigna, etc.
• Outstanding communication skills, diplomacy, good listening capability, strong analytical and problem-solving ability
• Well organized and disciplined, with the ability to manage multiple and changing priorities efficiently
• Technology and system savvy with an excellent understanding of processes, systems, and databases
• Projects competence, credibility, and professionalism
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
KW: insurance coverage, medical coverage, medical charges, managed care authorizations/denials, Medicare, Medicaid, Medicare HMOs, Blue Cross, United Health Care, Humana, Cigna, CHAM"