System Director of Information Security | Exclusive Search | Healthcare Industry | Southeastern, U.S.
Galileo Search is partnering with a not-for-profit healthcare system to recruit an experienced Director of Information Security. This high-profile position oversees the information protection & security for multi-site hospitals and clinics with a highly regarded not-for-profit healthcare system. This role includes developing strategies and deploying solutions that protect patients, staff, related-systems, and facilities.
The city is surrounded by pristine lakes and is only a short drive to majestic mountain ranges, the Gulf of Mexico beaches, or the Atlantic Ocean. The area ranks in the Top 25 U.S. places for the overall low cost of living, affordable housing, and low property tax.
• Defines and executes the strategic vision
• Performs IT/IS security risk assessments, audits, and manages/conducts security incident investigations
• Collaborates with I.T. vendors to establish industry best practices for digital data security management and adherence to contracted services
• Serves as a critical member of the IT leadership team and works effectively with key decision-makers serving on the organization’s security committee
• Champions, administers, and provides an interpretation of Information Security Program policies/procedures to facilitate risk-based decisions by key stakeholders
• Consults and advises on advancements in information security technologies and related legal or regulatory changes, as well as accepted industry standards that influence information security
• Keeps current with the healthcare and information security technology, regulations, and laws
• Minimum 6 years of current information security leadership experience required
• Certified Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), HCISPP, CHC, CHPC, CHSP, or other relevant certifications in information security
• Healthcare industry experience highly preferred
• Strong leadership skills, personal drive, and the ability to see projects through to successful execution
• Broad knowledge of information security laws and accepted industry best practices
• Sound understanding of information security principles, processes, technologies, and practices
•Ability to understand a variety of platforms, operating systems, and applications and understand interoperability capabilities and constraints amongst such components
• Proven ability to communicate technology-related issues and security related-issues to various levels of the organization and external vendors
• Proven ability to lead and influence organization’s leaders to support efforts and implementation of strategic initiatives that impact the organization's performance, systems, processes, and structure
• Working knowledge of Cloud Security concept
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex data and research and prepare comprehensive reports
• Strong analytical skills in budgeting, planning, and policy maintenance and development
• Significant experience with information security regulations (HIPAA Privacy/Security, Sarbanes-Oxley IT controls, Payment Card Industry (PCI)) and applying these to identify appropriate controls necessary to maintain compliance
• Possesses a sense of responsibility and accountability – someone who takes ownership and initiative
• Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills and efficient in planning, and organizing
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"director, executive, information security, data protection, planning, strategies, encryption, information technology, healthcare information management, HIM, cybersecurity, ransomware, malware, enterprise risk, phishing tests, offensive, defensive, threat intelligence, access management, network security, cloud computing, operations, disaster recovery"