System Director of Clinical Pharmacy Services | Strategic Leader | Multi-Site | Mid-Atlantic, US
Galileo is conducting a national search for an experienced system-level Director of Clinical Pharmacy Services. Our client is a highly regarded hospital system based in the Mid-Atlantic, U.S. The System Director of Pharmacy Services is based out of the corporate/flagship facility. The position will oversee pharmacy operations for five hospitals, within walking distance to no more than 30 minutes apart. There are plans to expand pharmacy services into the system’s clinics. This high-profile position will report to the AVP, Pharmacy.
The system is located in a thriving metropolitan area with a rich history, excellent schools, plenty of indoor and outdoor recreational activities, a vibrant nightlife, sprawling and diverse residential communities, and the opportunity to experience and enjoy all four seasons.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Oversight of 22+ FTEs (leadership and staff levels)
• Strategic and operational direction of clinical services to include evaluating, developing, monitoring, and coordinating services that promote evidence-based use of medications, financial sustainability, and positive patient outcomes
• Develop strategic initiatives and implementation plans that align with health system goals
• Lead and participate in growth strategy planning
• Monitor and develop continuous improvement in management, inventory control, utilization management, and staffing efficiency while achieving quality outcomes
• Recommend cost containment programs, policies, and or procedures to ensure efficiency, economy, and effectiveness
• Partner with medical staff in assisting with medication dosing and evaluation
• Establish quality assurance and improvement protocols for Pharmacy clinical activities
• Develop clinical pharmacy operational service plan that aligns with system mission and goals
• Participate in quality improvement, fiscal, and productivity goals and objectives with upper management
• Drive innovative ways to improve efficiency and expand services with the latest technology
• Assist in the development of “best practice” recommendations for clinical procedures to minimize adverse events and ensure compliance with regulatory standards
• Ensure the provision of education and support at multi-site facilities concerning clinical pharmacy responsibilities, clinical protocol justification, execution, and implementation
• Provide education through support via webinar, teleconference, live, or other communication platforms
• Oversee the Pharmacy Residency Program
• Provide opportunities for preceptor development across the system to support the pharmacy residency program and pharmacy students
• Communicate and collaborate across disciplines and work areas
• 5+ years inpatient pharmacy practice to include progressive multi-site leadership/management experience
• Experience in a multi-site acute care hospital system
• Knowledge of regulatory readiness/compliance as it relates to pharmacy operations
• Strategic thinker that can act tactically
• Proven project management skills
• Residency Program leadership experience a plus
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.