Executive Level Director of Infection Prevention | CIC | Magnet® Designated Academic Medical Center | Northeastern, U.S.
STRATEGIC LEVEL - HIGHLY VISIBILITY - PARTNER WITH C-SUITE, QUALITY & KEY MEDICAL EXECUTIVES
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an Executive Director of Infection Prevention for our Academic Medical Center client in the Northeastern, U.S. Our client is a top-ranked healthcare system with a long history of providing quality healthcare to its surrounding communities.
Contact Galileo today, and let's explore this outstanding career opportunity. This small investment in time may provide significant rewards for both you and your career.
• Reports to a highly supportive Medical Director of Quality and System Improvement (MD) with dotted line to the System VP of Infection Prevention & Control (MD)
• Partners with a full-time Hospital Epidemiologist
• Approximately 8 FTEs including administrative support
• In collaboration with System Quality and Infection Prevention leadership, develops an annual infection prevention plan and risk assessment(s) based on population(s) served, services provided, and analysis of surveillance data
• Develops and oversees strategies to assure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements and standards
• Acts as a consultant to the health system for infection prevention-related patient safety initiatives and hospital-associated infection issues
• Provides guidance and resources for ongoing organization-wide employee training and growth in infection control and prevention
• Build and support a cohesive team where staff can apply their skills and perspectives to achieve operational goals and drive positive outcomes
• Advise and consult with leadership and staff as the organization's infection prevention & control subject matter expert on matters related to infection prevention and control, including surveillance, epidemiology, outcomes measurement, quality/performance improvement, and employee health
• Coordinates, develops, and provides education and educational materials regarding disease transmission and practices for infection prevention and control for all division facilities as needed
• Serves on healthcare committees as the representative for infection prevention and control
• Evaluates the effectiveness of infection prevention programs and recommends changes as needed
• Serves as department liaison with local and state public agencies and the CDC and seeks their expertise as needed
• RN, MT(ASCP), MPH or MD
• CIC (Certified Infection Control) Required
• Minimum 5 years of directly related infection prevention leadership experience in an acute care hospital or hospital system environment
• Demonstrated ability to oversee operational activities of the Infection Prevention and Control Department while implementing evidence-based guidelines for infection prevention
• Working knowledge of regulatory and accreditation requirements to assure program compliance across a large corporation with multiple sites
• Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form with staff at all levels
• Experience performing Root Cause Analysis and leading performance improvement initiatives
• Strong familiarity with regulatory and accreditation requirements
• Demonstrated skills in strategic planning, evaluating programs, and implementing solutions
• Experience with electronic medical record and surveillance software programs for data analysis and presentation
• Proven skills in mentoring and staff development
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.