Director of Quality and Patient Safety | Academic Medical Center | Coastal Northeastern, U.S.
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Director of Quality with current acute care Quality, Patient Safety, and Performance Improvement Leadership experience. This is a highly visible leadership role is with one of our client’s largest Academic Medical Centers. The ideal candidate will also have significant experience in establishing and leading teams within a high-reliability organization (HRO).
Coastal Northeastern, U.S.
The Director of Quality leads all hospital-based work to eliminate preventable harm to patients, family members, and staff and to attain unsurpassed clinical and patient-reported outcomes. This position reports to a highly supportive Regional VP, Chief Quality Officer. Our client is a 600-bed, TJC Accredited, Level III Trauma Center, and Teaching Hospital.
• Provides leadership to all safety and quality improvement activities at the hospital including committee meetings, medical staff peer review, root cause, and apparent cause analysis, event management, morning safety report, and specific improvement cycles
• Collaborates with the Patient Safety and Quality Department as well as with the SVP, Chief Quality Officer to ensure that organizational-wide safety and quality initiatives are implemented effectively and risk reduction strategies implemented wherever appropriate
• Collaborates with the hospital, regional, and network leaders to achieve quality goals and eliminate preventable harm
• Develops and supervises organizational quality initiatives and the monitoring of quality priorities
• Oversees the collection and submission of all National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators (NDNQI)
• Presents quality data results with analysis and recommendation to a variety of organizational committees and councils including the Department of Patient Care to enhance the achievement of quality goals
• Oversees all quality improvement staff and their work in quality councils, teams, and committees
• Establishes that their team members achieve certification by the National Patient Safety Foundation as a Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS), attend conferences, and receive continuing education including presentation skills, project management, process mapping, and lean principles
• Ensures compliance with all federal and state regulatory and licensing requirements, including aspects of Joint Commission readiness
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s highly preferred
• CPPS or CPHQ certification preferred
• 10 year of experience in acute care quality and patient safety
• Experience managing a team directly or significant project or functional leadership within acute care quality services
• Mastery of performance improvement methodologies
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Delaware, DE, District of Columbia, DC, Maryland, MD, New Jersey, NJ, New York, NY, Pennsylvania, PA, Virginia, VA", "Quality, Healthcare Quality, quality assurance, core measures, performance improvement, performance measurement, compliance, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, reimbursement, requirements, risk management, case management, CPHQ, Certified Professional Healthcare Quality, CHRM, CPHRM, Certified Professional Healthcare Risk Management, CCMC, Commission for Case Manager Certification, CCM, Certified Case Manager, Just Culture,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"