Director of Infection Control | Healthcare System | RN, MT(ASCP), MPH | Coastal Southeastern, U.S.
Competitive Compensation | Bonus Eligible | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is representing an outstanding career opportunity that provides a great working environment, a passion for quality care, and a focus on providing cutting edge care.
Coastal Southeastern, U.S.
ROLE OF THE DIRECTOR OF INFECTION CONTROL:
The position reports to the System Executive Director of Quality Infection Prevention and Support. The Director will be responsible for planning, designing, standardizing, implementing, and coordinating the hospital’s Infection Prevention & Control activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Multi-site Healthcare System, 500+ beds
• Oversees a team of four Infection Preventionists
• Maintains current knowledge of infection prevention & control standards and regulations (state, federal and other)
• Serves as the hospital’s infection prevention and control subject matter expert and leader
• Maintains policies/procedures on current evidence and ensuring compliance with regulatory and TJC standards
• Identifies and implements best practices for prevention, detection, and control of infections and surveillance activities
• Standardizes infection prevention & control process, policies & procedures
• Oversees reporting, both internally and externally (i.e. NHSN)
• Develops evaluates, implements, and maintains the Infection Control Plan
• Training and education
• Develops and implements appropriate on-boarding training/education plans
• Ensures hospital compliance relating to infection prevention and survey readiness
• RN, MT(ASCP), MPH
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
• CIC highly preferred
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Infection Prevention leadership roles required
Acute Care Hospital | TJC Accredited
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Alabama, AL, Arkansas, AR, Florida, FL, Georgia, GA, Kentucky, KY, Louisiana, LA, Mississippi, MS, North Carolina, NC, South Carolina, SC, Tennessee, TN, Virginia, VA, West Virginia, WV", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"