Interim Infection Preventionist | Team Member | Maryland
Highly Competitive Pay | Lodging | Rental Car Or Mileage | Paid Flights Home | World-Class Support
We have an immediate interim opportunity for a seasoned Infection Preventionist with recent acute care hospital infection prevention and control experience.
• 3+ month assignment
• Reports to the System Director of Infection Prevention
• The Infection Preventionist assists in the planning, development, and evaluation of the goals, standards, policies, and procedures of an integrated hospital-wide Infection Control Program to ensure rigorous infection control standards that meet TJC, DNV, CMS, OSHA, Public Health Department, and CDC requirements
• Conducts surveillance, analysis, reporting, risk reduction, and outbreak control of nosocomial infections
• Provides consultation on infection risk assessment, prevention, and control strategies
• Educates employees and providers about infection control
• Serves as a thought leader for infection prevention and control
• Bachelor’s degree
• RN or MT or MPH
• CIC preferred
• 3-5 years of current experience in acute care infection prevention
• Knowledge of COVID-19 preparedness and clinical setting protocols desired
• Demonstrated understanding of regulatory, accrediting, and advisory body requirements
• Knowledge and experience in the practice of epidemiological principles and infectious disease as they relate to infection control & prevention
• Knowledge of sterilization, disinfection, and sanitation processes
• NHSN reporting
• Surveillance software and data mining experience
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Staffing Services, a division of Galileo Search, LLC., is a premier provider of interim healthcare specialists, professionals, and executives to acute care hospitals nationwide. To learn more about Galileo Staffing Services, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com.
How will you benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry with weekly direct deposit
• Generous per diem for the housing of your choice if not provided by the client and for incidentals expenses
• Weekly travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car, or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Local, regional, or national assignments based on availability
• World-class support before, during, and after each assignment
"Interim, Temp, Temporary, Consulting, Consultant, Travel, Independent, Contractor,", "Delaware, DE, District of Columbia, DC, Maryland, MD, New Jersey, NJ, New York, NY, Pennsylvania, PA, Virginia, VA", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"