Interim Infection Preventionist | RN | Long Term Care | Coastal Southeast
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Interim Infection Preventionist. Our client is an award-winning not-for-profit hospital system that employs a team of professionals dedicated to optimizing the quality of life for their patients and the communities they serve.
This assignment will provide specialized infection prevention support, training, education, and mentoring at two hospital-owned senior/long term care facilities.
This gem of a setting offers beautiful beaches, lovely restaurants, historical treasures, a variety of festivals and events, and excellent restaurants. The temperate climate and natural beauty of this location make it the perfect spot for your next assignment!
• Three day shifts / two night shifts for observing, training (proper PPE) and educating evening shift employees
• Reports to the System Director of Quality
• Coordinates with clinicians and administrators to improve patient and systems-level outcomes and reduce HAIs and related adverse events
• Monitors compliance with mandates of accrediting and regulatory agencies related to practices associated with the prevention and control of healthcare-associated infections
• Monitors and benchmarks healthcare-acquired infection rates to implement quality improvement activities designed to improve patient outcomes
• Promotes awareness of the Health System’s compliance with all legal and accreditation standards and other guidelines and recommendations that pertain to the appropriate practice of infection control
• Collaborates and provides liaison with local and state health departments for reporting of communicable diseases and other related conditions and assists with control of infectious diseases in the community
• Intervenes directly to prevent transmission of infection by the identification and implementation of control measures during outbreaks or clusters of infectious diseases
• Provides educational programs in infection prevention and control to healthcare workers
• Participates in hospital orientation
• In collaboration with other department leaders, monitors sterilization, disinfection and sanitation processes
• Current active RN required
• CIC preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of acute care healthcare experience
• Experience with COVID-19 procedures and protocols highly preferred
• PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) training
• Must be able to plan, develop, implement and evaluate programs
• Demonstrated knowledge of patient care management principles of asepsis, microbiology, pathology, immunology, and medical statistics or biostatistics
• Knowledge and experience in the practice of the epidemiological tenets and infectious disease as they relate to infection control
• Demonstrated understanding of regulatory, accrediting, and advisory body requirements
• Demonstrated knowledge of performance improvement processes
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.