Quality Improvement Specialists | Metro & Suburban Locations Across New Jersey
Galileo Search is conducting a search for experienced Quality Improvement Specialists across the state of New Jersey. Our client is a top-ranked healthcare system with a long history of providing quality healthcare to its surrounding communities.
If you seek a healthcare quality career opportunity in either a major metropolitan area or a more suburban setting, forward your resume today for our confidential review.
Position Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
• Facilitate and lead highly functional teams organized around quality & safety initiatives. Develop methods of engaging and developing team members in the work of quality & safety initiatives and improvement measures
• Coordinate and mentor team members in quality projects. Coordinate and assist the performance improvement work of the unit councils
• Advance & enhance professional growth and development through seminars, workshops, and professional networking opportunities to maintain and extend expertise
• Identify improvement priorities specific to each initiative-focused improvement work, clinical transformation service, or quality council based on evidence-based practice, considering regulatory requirements and accrediting agencies such as CMS, Pay for Performance, The State of New Jersey Department of Health, and The Joint Commission.
• Attend root cause analysis meetings as specific to health-system initiative-focused group, clinical transformation service, or quality council focus area
• Monitor standards of practice to ensure compliance with codes of internal and external regulatory and accrediting agencies including The Joint Commission, NJS and Federal Codes (i.e., DOH, OSHA), and Professional review organizations
• Facilitate the NPSF RCA-2 process as needed. Provide leadership, guidance, support, and direction resulting in shared learning within designated clinical areas and across the institution and network
• Bring safety and quality events, concerns, and needs to local morning safety huddle.
• Encourage event reporting and transparency related to events, concerns, needs, processes to identify precursor and safety events.
• Identify & implement data-driven strategies to ensure the team’s success.
• Utilize the Quality Scorecard to drive improvements by the health-system initiative-focused improvement work, clinical transformation service, or quality council.
• Provide expert knowledge, leadership, and mentoring in patient safety & quality initiatives utilizing safety and high-reliability science.
• Strategize with personnel at all levels to develop and coordinate patient safety programs. Provide coaching and hands-on support of quality and safety strategies.
• NPSF CPPS certification or obtained within one year of hire
• Minimum of five years of related healthcare experience, ideally in an acute care environment
• Performance improvement experience desired
• Understanding of The Joint Commission (TJC) and regulatory standards desired
• Experience in statistics or clinical research a plus but not required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to present to various levels within the organization
• Proficiency in the use of computer applications and software including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.