Infection Preventionists | RN, MT(ASCP), MPH | Metro & Suburban Locations Across New Jersey
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program
Galileo Search is conducting several Infection Preventionist searches across New Jersey. Our client is a top-ranked healthcare system with a long history of providing quality healthcare to its surrounding communities. Are you looking for a work environment where you can partner with experienced Lead Infection Preventionists to provide continued prevention, education, and training? This is an ideal opportunity to expand your knowledge base and skills while being supported by an established team and continuing to grow professionally.
If you seek an Infection Preventionist career opportunity in either a major metropolitan area or a more suburban setting across New Jersey, forward your resume today for our confidential review.
Contact Galileo today, and let's explore these outstanding career opportunities. This may be that small investment in time that provides the most significant rewards for you, your career, and your family.
The Infection Preventionist supports organization-wide infection surveillance, prevention, and control programs following current requirements of regulatory, government, and accrediting/licensing agencies and organizational policies and procedures. These high-profile positions report to the Director of Infection Prevention.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Develops, implements, and evaluates the organizational infection prevention program
• Facilitates compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards (e.g., NHSN, Joint Commission, etc.)
• Conducts surveillance of hospital-acquired infections following CDC’s National Healthcare Safety Network (NHSN) definitions
• Complies information for regulatory and mandatory reporting requirements at the local, state, and federal levels
• Participate in PI committees, teams, and initiatives
• Performs Root Cause Analysis/Apparent Cause Analysis on HAIs
• Utilize PI methodology as a means of enacting change
• Create education goals, objectives, and strategies using learning principles and available educational tools and technology
• Records and reports communicable diseases as defined by federal, state, and local levels
• In collaboration with the Infection Prevention leadership, develops an annual surveillance plan and risk assessment(s) based on population(s) served services provided, and analysis of surveillance data
• Utilizes epidemiologic principles to conduct surveillance plans as necessary, investigate and implement control measures for outbreaks
• Participates in the development, interpretation, and implementation of infection prevention policies and procedures
• Communicates infection prevention information and data to various committees, leadership, departments, and healthcare workers across the organization as assigned
• Reviews sterilization and disinfection policies and procedures, identify necessary changes and monitors compliance
• RN, MT(ASCP), MPH
• CIC (Certified Infection Control) preferred or within five years of hire
• Two+ years of experience in clinical/patient care services or relevant health care position
• Knowledge of CDC-NHSN definitions, software and data analysis, microbiology, patient care practices, epidemiology, and occupational health desired
• Expertise in regulatory, licensing, and professional clinical guidelines
• Excellent communication skills
• Computer Literacy
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.