Interim Infection Preventionist | Immediate Need | Northern California
Highly Competitive Pay | Lodging | Rental Car Or Mileage | Paid Flights Home | World-Class Support
We have an immediate interim opportunity for a seasoned Infection Preventionist with current acute care hospital infection prevention and control experience.
• 2+ Month Assignment
• Reports to the Chief Nursing Officer
• Conducts ongoing surveillance investigation and follow up of infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, consultation requests, and post-discharge surveillance
• Analyzes trends & risk factors and designs & evaluates prevention and control strategies
• Participates in investigation and reporting of hospital infection outbreaks
• Assists with training and mentoring
• Performs program assessment and makes recommendations for correction and improvement
• Provides a safe healthcare environment for patients by using evidence-based guidelines to prevent HAIs
• Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
• RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH
• CIC required
• Minimum 5 years of current experience in acute care infection prevention
• Knowledge of COVID-19 preparedness and clinical setting protocols desired
• Knowledge of sterilization, disinfection, and sanitation processes
• NHSN reporting
• Surveillance software and data mining experience
• Ability to travel to the client site and work a full-time M - F schedule or as needed
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Staffing Services, a division of Galileo Search, LLC., is a premier provider of interim healthcare specialists, professionals, and executives to acute care hospitals nationwide. To learn more about Galileo Staffing Services, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com.
How will you benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry with weekly direct deposit
• Generous per diem for the housing of your choice if not provided by the client and for incidentals expenses
• Weekly travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car, or mileage)
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Local, regional, or national assignments based on availability
• World-class support before, during, and after each assignment
"Interim, Temp, Temporary, Consulting, Consultant, Travel, Independent, Contractor,", "Arizona, AZ, California, CA, Colorado, CO, Idaho, ID, Montana, MT, Nevada, NV, New Mexico, NM, Oregon, OR, Utah, UT, Washington, WA, Wyoming, WY", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"