Chief Nursing Executive, VP of Patient Care Services | Acute Care Hospital | Chicago, IL
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Candidates currently residing in the greater Chicago area are highly encouraged to apply
Galileo is conducting a search for a Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) for our award-winning healthcare client in Chicago, IL. This high-profile position reports to the Chief Medical Officer and will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams and oversee and guide the hospital nursing staff to ensure exemplary care for the patient population of the hospital. Our client is a 200-bed, stand-alone, non-profit, acute care facility with a significant emergency and behavioral health patient population.
The Chief Nursing Executive (CNE) is responsible for the planning, organization, and administration of nursing services to include staff recruitment and retention, training and development, communication and program development focused on maintaining quality patient care standards relating to Nursing. The CNE provides the strategic leadership, direction, and support required to affect high-quality patient outcomes. As a member of the senior leadership team, the CNE works closely with the Executive team and Nursing department Directors to guide clinical services with a focus on achieving healthcare excellence.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Brings a strong focus on Operations and Leadership related to Patient Care Services, throughput, and Nursing best practices
• Will manage 7 direct reports and approximately 400 FTEs
• Identifies and articulates the vision and strategic direction for the development of high-quality nursing care consistent with the hospital's mission, vision, and values
• Creates a nursing environment in which collaboration is valued, and excellence in clinical care and education is promoted and achieved
• Takes responsibility for the practice of nursing and ensures consistency in the standard of practice across clinical settings
• Leads quality and patient safety efforts
• Provides leadership and direction in the development of strategies to promote the recruitment, retention, and recognition of excellence in nursing
• Develops organizational patient care programs, policies, and procedures that will enhance how nursing care is assessed, delivered, and evaluated
• Manages departmental budget by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities to eliminate non-value costs
• Master’s degree in Nursing or related field required
• Registered Nurse (RN) required
• Proven acute care nursing leadership experience with an understanding of Behavioral Health and its patient population required
• Strong leadership skills in ED and ICU
• Collaborative leadership approach
• Ability to effectively and efficiently organize patient care promoting optimal outcomes for patient safety, and patient, physician, and employee satisfaction
• Focus on mentoring and developing staff, encouraging professional growth and achievement
Acute Care Hospital System
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Illinois, IL, Indiana, IN, Iowa, IA, Kansas, KS, Michigan, MI, Minnesota, MN, Missouri, MO, Nebraska, NE, North Dakota, ND, Ohio, OH, South Dakota, SD, Wisconsin, WI", "Clinical Leadership, Registered Nurse, RN, Leadership, Nursing Officer, CNO, Excellence, Professional, Ambulatory, Surgical Services, Surgery, Emergency, Operating Room, Cardiovascular, Cardiopulmonary, Heart, Vascular, Perioperative, Patient Care, Pediatric, Labor and Delivery, L&D, Maternal Child, Women’s Health, Oncology, OB / GYN, Med / Surg, Medical Surgical, Critical Care, Cancer, Telemetry, Orthopedics, Joints, Clinical, Pro Operative, Post, OB, ICU, PACU, PICU, NICU, MICU, CTICU, Neuro, Ortho, Rehab, Endoscopy, Trauma, ANA, Strategic Planning, Quality, Safety,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"