Infection Control Coordinator | Idaho
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Infection Control Coordinator for our client in Idaho. Our client is an acute care hospital that has been delivering quality healthcare to the surrounding community for over a century.
This location provides friendly locals combined with a bounty of indoor and outdoor activities, and the opportunity to experience all four seasons in a beautiful location. There is a superb quality of life, affordable cost of living and a smaller town feeling within a short drive to an International airport and big-city amenities.
The Infection Control Coordinator is under the direction of the Infection Control Committee and supervised by the Director of Quality. The role contains components of education, consultation, surveillance of infection control and prevention activities and assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures designed to improve patient care and safety through infection prevention and control.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Acts as the primary individual to facilitate the development of policies, procedures and control measures to ensure compliance with the regulatory and accreditation agency standards
• Performs infection control related surveillance duties in all patient care departments for the purpose of observation, consultation and collaboration with the members of the health care team to determine presence of both nosocomial and community-related infections
• Ensures surveillance data is submitted to all required agencies such as NHSN
• Maintains accurate records of reported information to include location of patient, name and type of infection, related organisms, primary physician and other key information
• Facilitates the Infection Control Committee to review infection data, control measures, policies and procedures, and to develop and implement Committee objectives
• Provides direction and consultation with health care providers to develop specific plans for particular patients and families utilizing age-specific knowledge, for prevention or management of infections
• Facilitates the implementation of appropriate isolation protocols to control and prevent infections.
• Participates in quality improvement monitoring and evaluation activities including frequent rounding in patient care areas relating to infection control issues and utilizes the quality improvement data in an effort to improve patient care and safety. This includes overseeing the functioning of assigned projects/project teams encompassing required quality reporting related to infection prevention and for collaborating with leadership to access necessary resources.
• Bachelor's Degree required, Master’s preferred
• RN or MT(ASCP) or MPH
• CIC preferred
• 2+ years of current Infection Prevention experience in an acute care setting
• Knowledge in epidemiological principles, infectious diseases, sterilization, sanitation and disinfection practices is necessary
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Idaho, ID, Montana, MT, Oregon, OR, Washington, WA, Wyoming, WY", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"