Emergency Department Director | Nurse Executive | Acute Care Hospital | Southeastern U.S.
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is partnering with a not-for-profit healthcare system to recruit an experienced Emergency Department Director. This high profile role will report to the Chief Nursing Officer.
The city is surrounded by pristine lakes and only a short drive to majestic mountain ranges, the Gulf of Mexico beaches, or the Atlantic Ocean. The area ranks in the Top 25 U.S. Places for overall low cost of living, affordable housing, and low property tax.
The Emergency Department Director is responsible for planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating departmental activities. As a key member of the Nursing Services Executive Team, the Director has input in related long and short- term goals and objectives, policy development, and priority setting.
• Managing the day-to-day operations of the Emergency Department (24/7) with 36 ED Bays (Adult & Pediatric) and 90+ FTEs
• Director is supported by a Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager, and Shift Supervisor
• Ensuring policies and procedures are up to date and followed
• Preparing for Joint Commission and other regulatory agency surveys
• Departmental budgeting
• Directing and mentoring the nursing team
• Building positive physician relationships
• Delivering a quality and safe level of patient care
• Contributing tactically and strategically to the continuing growth and expansion of the ED Department and related services
• Bachelor's degree (BSN) required with Master's degree preferred
• RN (Registered Nurse) License: Active Alabama, Multi-state or eligible for reciprocity
• Current BLS, ACLS, and PALS
• 5+ years of ER clinical nursing experience
• 3+ years of successful ER leadership experience as a Senior Manager or Director
• This position requires leadership experience in both adult and pediatric ED
• Proven success in improving employee satisfaction/engagement, throughput times, and patient experience/satisfaction
• Collaborative, supportive, team-building, and mentoring managerial/operational style
• Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Computer literacy
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Alabama, AL, Arkansas, AR, Florida, FL, Georgia, GA, Kentucky, KY, Louisiana, LA, Mississippi, MS, North Carolina, NC, South Carolina, SC, Tennessee, TN, Virginia, VA, West Virginia, WV", "DON, Director of Nursing, Emergency Services, Emergency Department, ED, Critical Care, Acute Care, Trauma, Clinical Management, Fiscal Management, ANA, Strategic Planning, Quality, Safety,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"