System Director of Safety | Hospital System | Exclusive Search | Southeastern U.S.
Galileo Search is partnering with a not-for-profit healthcare system to recruit an experienced System-wide Safety Director who is responsible for the overall function of the Safety Department for all of its facilities. The healthcare system consists of 3 acute care hospitals, a behavioral health facility, a cancer center, and multi-site clinics.
Surrounded by pristine lakes and only a short drive to majestic mountain ranges and the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico; the location ranks in the ‘Top U.S. Places’ for affordable housing, low property taxes, and an overall great cost of living.
• Serves as the Safety Officer for the Health System, intervening whenever conditions pose an immediate threat to life and property
• Responsible for all aspects of the Environment of Care and Emergency Management programs
• Responsible for all compliance activities for accreditation purposes related to Environment of Care (EC), Emergency Management (EM), and other regulatory agencies as appropriate
• Assesses, monitors, and directs educational and training activities to ensure regulatory compliance
• Develops methodologies to support departments in achieving regulatory compliance requirements
• Assists with training of staff on maintaining regulatory compliance
• Monitors and reports regulatory standard changes to leadership and others as appropriate
• Directs policy reviews and development as required
• Coordinates development and preparation of management plans, annual reviews, and related documentation and submits to the various committees and boards for approval
• Keeps current with industry and market trends related to healthcare safety
• Minimum of three (3) years experience in Environment of Care, Life Safety, and Emergency Preparedness Management
• Five (5) years of directly related experience in an acute care hospital/healthcare setting required
• Safety/Industrial Hygiene related certification preferred
• Teaching, mentoring, group presentation, and proven team-building skills
• Must be able to work independently and in a team setting
• Possess independent decision making and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for effective report writing, training, and consulting
• Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.