Pharmacy Director | Hospital | Greater Chicago Area
We have an immediate direct-hire opening for an experienced clinical Pharmacy Director. Our client is a non-profit, award-winning, short term acute care facility focused on providing high quality and compassionate health care services by partnering with patients, families, employees, physicians, and the community. The staff declares that it’s a great place to work, where everyone supports each other like family!
Responsibilities will include:
• Develops programs to assure maintenance of current standards of pharmacy practice (including quality improvement and continuing education programs.
• Manages 20 FTEs
• Planning for departmental needs relative to resources for the growth and development of pharmaceutical services
• Maintaining a high level of current awareness in the field of pharmacy, especially in the area of institutional pharmacy practice
• Scheduling personnel, and responsible for providing appropriate staffing levels of qualified and competent individuals. Plans for and supports staff development activities
• Counseling employees, and initiates disciplinary action as necessary per the hospital’s policies and procedures
• Communicating hospital and departmental policies/procedures to the staff of the department, and implements all new/revised policies/procedures within the department
• Preparing a budget for operational expenses, payroll, capital equipment, and revenue
• Controlling utilization of departmental resources and provisioning within the approved budget
• Establishing productive improvements in methods to maximize performance and utilization of resources, monitors the pharmacy environment relative to physical appearance, safety, and staff behavior, and developing standards for quality control of drugs, their selection, use, and proper storage
• Maintaining security standards for those areas under the control of the pharmacy and establishes a climate for positive, supportive relationships within the department and the healthcare organization
• Participating on medical and hospital committees as appointed and the Risk Management program of the hospital
• Licensed or eligible for licensure as a registered pharmacist by the Illinois State Board of Pharmacy
• Director level experience in an acute care hospital setting
• 340B Program Experience
• An expert at pharmacy compliance and medications
• Experience performing operational assessments and making recommendations for improvement
• Meditech experience a plus
• DNV Pharmacy Accreditation experience a plus
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.