Infection Control Manager | Northern California / Bay Area
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
We have an immediate opportunity for an Infection Control Manager for our nationally recognized client in Northern California. Utilizing breakthrough technologies and forward-thinking patient care, this organization focuses on providing the highest quality care and the best possible experience for patients.
Beautiful weather and an exciting pace of life have made this area one of the biggest draws on the west coast! This location provides excellent schools, a competitive housing market and the opportunity to live in a small town with the benefits of larger cities within a close drive. With picturesque mountains, and pristine beaches, this area offers easy access to a wealth of outdoor adventure, top notch wineries, local access to the arts, and gourmet restaurants, there's always something to do!
Northern California / Bay Area
The Manager of Infection Prevention and Control supervises the implementation and coordination of the hospital's infection prevention and control program and acts as a consultant to the Employee Health Program. The IP Manager coordinates surveillance of infections, oversees analysis of surveillance data, identifies specific issues related to infection prevention and control, plans interventions as needed and supervises other infection control staff.
The Infection Control Manager:
• Reports to the Sr. Director of Patient Safety & Accreditation
• Plans, develops, implements and monitors appropriate facility-wide programs for the prevention of healthcare associated infections (HAIs) patients and personnel
• Participates in the design and evaluation of healthcare associated infections (HAI) surveillance systems.
• Analyzes and interprets data from surveillance activities and evaluates trends
• Serves as a liaison to facilitate communication among departments, and other quality improvement committees, regarding infection prevention and control-related matters
• Makes rounds on all nursing units for the purpose of supervision of isolation practices and assisting in resolving problems and concerns of personnel, patients and parents
• Contacts the county health department to report diseases according to the requirements of the State of California. Works with the health department in complying with any problems related to outbreaks, exposures and the control of communicable diseases and to communicate new information to personnel in a timely manner
• Oversees investigations, follow up activities, and action plans in response to infection control outbreaks, significant infection control events, and significant infection control adverse events and serious near misses
• Coordinates exposure/prophylaxis activities involving hospital personnel with the employee health nurse. Reviews employee health policies that have infection control issues
• Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; Master’s preferred
• California RN (Registered Nurse) required
• CIC required
• Minimum five years of acute care Infection Prevention experience
• Current BLS certification
Acute Care Health System
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Arizona, AZ, California, CA, Colorado, CO, Idaho, ID, Montana, MT, Nevada, NV, New Mexico, NM, Oregon, OR, Utah, UT, Washington, WA, Wyoming, WY", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"