Director of Development (Fundraising) | Healthcare System | Maine
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Director of Development for one of our preferred client hospitals based in New England. Our client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
Combine a fulfilling career with a living experience that includes enhanced quality of life in a town with a strong sense of community, and you have a recipe for success. This vibrant area receives high marks for housing and overall livability, a perfect location for the next step in your career!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• The Director of Development interacts and works with the President and CEO and senior leadership and regularly interacts with providers, clinical staff, and other departments
• Develops annual and long-range plans for all fundraising programs, including the capital, annual, and planned giving
• Oversees the implementation of plans and resources to strengthen the system’s base of fundraising and strategies to improve individual giving
• Participates in professional development opportunities to sustain and grow knowledge of philanthropic trends and expertise, gift and estate planning practices, and legal aspects of charitable giving
• Analyzes new and existing donors and prospects for major gift cultivation and solicitation to develop informed individual solicitation strategies, campaign analysis, and prospect management
• Oversees benchmark best practices and development of creative strategies to grow a significant donor base and philanthropic revenue
• Proposes recommendations to the VP of Marketing, Communications & Advocacy, President and CEO on policy, program, staffing, and budget necessary to accomplish the hospital’s fundraising objectives
• Generates significant private philanthropic support (initial target of $1.25M in the first 12 months with agreed-upon increases to revenue in future years)
• Proactively manages a portfolio of 50-75 prospects and donors with the capacity of making a significant gift of $50,000+
• Collaborates with providers and clinical staff to identify potential donors
• Collaborates with the marketing and communications team to develop print, social, and web fundraising awareness messages
• Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) or advanced degree a plus
• Minimum of seven years’ experience and progressive responsibility in fundraising for nonprofit management
• Healthcare background is strongly preferred
• Proven track record in soliciting and securing significant gifts through fieldwork
• Maintain the highest confidentiality of patient population and donor records
• Well organized and results-oriented, with excellent prioritizing and follow-up skills
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.