Director of Nursing, Long Term Care | Midwest/Great Plains
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Our client is a non-profit, award-winning facility focused on providing the highest standards of quality care and unsurpassed levels of service to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. The staff and management are genuine professionals who enjoy their work and foster a positive company culture.
This is the opportunity you've been dreaming of, an incredible location providing plenty of outdoor activities throughout the year. Breathtaking scenery, friendly locals, and an amazing variety of activities make this the perfect place for your next career move.
The Director of Nursing Services will be accountable for the assessment of resident needs; the interview, hire, and termination of adequate nursing personnel; setting resident care standards in accordance with accepted current standards of care to provide high-quality care to residents; development and implementation of policies and procedures for nursing care of residents; management of all aspects of the nursing department; cooperation with the administration to assure efficient and cost-effective operation of the facility. This high-profile position will report to a supportive Nursing Administrator.
• Documents assessments, interventions, outcomes, discharge plans, and patient/family relations
• Collaborate with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary health care team to provide continuity of care
• Develops, discusses, and communicates an interdisciplinary plan of care for each patient, in collaboration with each patient/family/significant other to address all identified needs
• Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the integration of information for use by the healthcare team, to ensure quality care.
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, evaluate, and direct the nursing service department, as well as its programs and activities, in accordance with current rules, regulations, and guidelines that govern the long-term care facility
• Develop and implement a nursing service organization structure
• Ensure that all nursing service personnel follow established departmental policies and procedures, including infection control procedures when isolation precautions become necessary
• Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing required
• Active Registered Nurse (RN) | Compact / Multi-state license
• Minimum 3 years of LTC management or SNF experience, ideally at the Director level
• Experience with COVID-19 protocols for LTC facilities
• Basic Life Support (BLS) obtained within 30 days of hire.
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Illinois, IL, Indiana, IN, Iowa, IA, Kansas, KS, Michigan, MI, Minnesota, MN, Missouri, MO, Nebraska, NE, North Dakota, ND, Ohio, OH, South Dakota, SD, Wisconsin, WI", "DON, Director of Nursing, Surgical Services, Surgery, Main OR, Open Heart, educator, quality improvement, risk management, patient safety, Operating Room, Perioperative, Patient Care, Med / Surg, Medical Surgical, Perioperative, Post, Strategic Planning, Post anesthesia care unit, outpatient, endoscopy, pre-op clinic, strategic planning, program development,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"