Director of Infection Prevention | RN, CIC | Scenic Northwest
Ready to Combine Quality of Life and Career?
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Director of Infection Prevention for one of our preferred clients in the scenic Northwest. Our client is nationally recognized and routinely considered among the best workplaces in the country.
This location provides friendly locals combined with a bounty of indoor and outdoor activities, and the opportunity to experience all four seasons in a beautiful location. There is a superb quality of life, affordable cost of living and a smaller town feeling within a short drive to an International airport and big-city amenities.
• 300-bed, Magnet-designated, Level II Trauma, Teaching Hospital
• This high-profile role reports to a supportive Chief Physician Executive and oversees a team of 4 Infection Preventionists
• Oversees the HAI surveillance program that includes data collection, analysis, and distribution of findings, IP process measurement and investigation of potential clusters, outbreaks and other communicable diseases through the application of sound epidemiological methods
• Leads all aspects of outbreak investigation, evidence-based practice implementation, cleaning, disinfection and sterilization methods, products, and design and planning for the built environment across the system
• Interprets and implements the Infection Control standards of care recommended by governmental and accrediting agencies including assisting the public health agencies with communicable disease surveillance
• Responsible for reporting to, and collaboration with public health agencies to include but not limited to reporting of communicable diseases, planning preparedness and response activities for emerging infectious diseases or those arising from natural or intentional causes
• Serving as the administrative chair, leads with the Infection Prevention Committee (IPC) for the development and execution of a strategic plan for the IP Program, periodic review, and revision of this plan and identification of specific goals and objectives to achieve continuous improvements
• Assures and coordinates proactive IP risk assessment and provide infection control risk mitigation recommendations involving the environment of care (EOC) to include planning, design, renovation and new construction of facilities and areas plus response to problems impacting the safety of the EOC for patients, personnel and visitors
• RN required
• CIC (Certified Infection Prevention) required
• 5+ years of Infection Prevention leadership experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate multidisciplinary teams
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.