Infection Prevention and Control Manager | RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH | Magnet/TJC Accredited Hospital | Kentucky
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits | Excellent Relocation Package
Are your skills rooted in clinical experience? Are you a collaborative leader, who values a team approach, with proven project management and data analytics experience? Would you be best described as having a leadership presence, enthusiastic, well-spoken and high energy? If you're ready to join a prestigious high-growth healthcare system, then this may be the career opportunity you've been waiting on!
The organization is a Magnet designated hospital, that is part of a hospital system committed to providing quality care and service to its patients, employees and the community. This is your opportunity to work with some of the best and the brightest in healthcare, build your career and make a difference in people's lives.
Located in a city on the move, with world-class amenities like performing arts, great sports, and incredible dining. Yet, it still exudes hospitality, warmth and smaller-city advantages like shorter commutes, lower cost of living, and higher quality of life.
The IP Manager is responsible for the development and effective direction, management and operation of the infection prevention program, including education of staff, standardization of policies and practices, standardization of NSHN data collection and usage and development of the system plan to improve infection prevention performance and outcomes. The Manager reports to the Director of Infection Prevention and oversees 3 FTE IP nurses.
• Contributes to the vision and direction of the Infection Control Program in collaboration with the Director of Infection Prevention and Control
• Implements the Infection Control Program and Surveillance Plan based on IC standards and annual risk assessment
• Facilitates and staffs the Infection Control Advisory Committee
• Assists the Director with the annual evaluation and summary of the previous year's Infection Control Program Plan and Surveillance Plan
• Analyzes and interprets infection control data; benchmarks data with external databases/agencies
• Completes monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as described in the Surveillance Plan
• Maintains current knowledge of JC standards and ensures compliance with IC standards
• Oversees monitoring and surveillance of patients and staff related to infection control.
• Assists the Director with programmatic surveillance of patients and personnel
• Compiles, interprets, and reports surveillance data to the appropriate committees, departments, and individuals as outlined in the Infection Control Plan
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing or in a related field required, Masters preferred
• RN (KY or Compact), MT(ASCP) or MPH
• CIC required
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience developing and leading an Infection Prevention program
• Track record of mentoring, training, educating and inspiring those in and out of your department
• Solid PC skills to include clinical surveillance (EPIC Bugsy) and analytic tools
• BLS Required
Acute Care Hospital System
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Alabama, AL, Arkansas, AR, Florida, FL, Georgia, GA, Kentucky, KY, Louisiana, LA, Mississippi, MS, North Carolina, NC, South Carolina, SC, Tennessee, TN, Virginia, VA, West Virginia, WV", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"