Director of Corporate Communications | Healthcare/Hospital | Northeast/New England
Ready to Combine Quality of Life and Career?
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Director of Corporate Communications for one of our preferred client hospitals based in New England. Our client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
Combine a fulfilling career with a living experience that includes enhanced quality of life in a town with a strong sense of community, and you have a recipe for success. This vibrant area receives high marks for housing and overall livability; you will find this to be the perfect location for the next step in your career!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Assists Vice President of Marketing, Communications & Advocacy with development of the strategic and tactical communications plans for service lines, medical practices, ancillary programs, and the system as a whole, identifying appropriate methods, tools, budgets, and vehicles to achieve plan goals. Actively participates in the department management team and provides input to other team members
• Executes both internal, external, and media communications including researching, writing, message development, pitching news stories, and announcement strategies
• Works collaboratively with the Director of Marketing on corporate initiatives having a communications component as well as initiates, organizes, and/or leads appropriate communications to update/educate news media, internal communications, and the community
• Serves as a spokesperson for the facility and represents the system as the point of contact for emergency response communication and media contact
• Develops and implements the yearly Community Relations strategy plan for the system and serves as a key liaison between the hospital system, and community groups, including Chambers of Commerce, business associations, and service organizations
• Oversees and manages internal communication events such as monthly Director’s meetings, Town Halls, and small group meetings with senior leaders as well as serves as editor for all newsletters
• A minimum of seven (7-10) years of public relations and/or corporate communications experience preferably in a multi-site acute care healthcare setting
• Ideally three years of supervisory/leadership experience, with a demonstrated ability to coach, build and develop a team
• Must have news media or media relations experience, crisis communication skills, and strong knowledge of communication and public relations practices, methods, and strategies
• Creative and thoughtful of how new media technologies can be utilized
• An accomplished storyteller, with proven communication skills and strong written, oral, and digital communications - superb writing skills are essential
• Experience working with legislative and lobbying groups a plus
• Must be self-directing/driven, proactive and able to deliver in a high-standards environment
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.