Director of Laboratory | Small Community Hospital | Southwestern Texas
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for an experienced Director of Laboratory. Are you ready to work with a team of committed and dedicated professionals who support each other like family? Our Client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
Swim in the pristine waters of nearby lakes, tour Native American cave paintings, enjoy vintage wines, and so much more. This multi-cultural paradise offers an amazing cost of living, great schools, and an unparalleled quality of life! This area is booming economically and offers an abundance of arts and culture, friendly locals. This town’s rich history provides a formula for both personal & professional success!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO)
• Approximately 21 FTEs in the hospital and clinic lab
• Manages and directs the department's administrative and financial functions
• Prepares and is accountable for departmental operating budgets and the capital budget
• Evaluates personnel in accordance with performance standards in histology, biochemistry, microbiology, hematology, serology, cytology and blood
• Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors
• Responsible for administrative direction: interviewing, hiring, orienting, in-services, performance evaluations and termination of employment
• Addresses complaints regarding Clinical Laboratory functions and works with supervisors to resolve the complaints
• Designs lab requisitions and coordinates improvements in Clinical Laboratory reporting systems; serves as liaison with Information Management Services as it pertains to Clinical Laboratory
• Attends and participates in administrative and other meetings, as appropriate
• Maintains established hospital and departmental policies, procedures, and objectives; maintains the department's continuous quality improvement, safety, environmental and infection control and compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies
• Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies; develop an inventory system; oversees cost control measures in the utilization of department supplies, materials, equipment and personnel
• Is responsible for the preparation of reports, payroll records, and other statistical data as required
• Establishes and monitors criteria for the immediate notification of the practitioner responsible for the patient, when critical limits of specified test results are exceeded; implements corrective actions as required
• Is accessible to the Clinical Laboratory staff for consultation as needed
• Maintains contact with physicians to solicit appropriate input; identified problems are addressed in a timely manner
• Maintains an approved policy and procedure manual
• Performs other related duties as assigned
• ASCP/AMT certification required
• 3 years of management experience over the clinical laboratory of an acute care hospital
• Experience with regulatory and accreditation of laboratory operations
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.