HIM Director / Privacy Officer | Small Community Hospital | Southwestern Texas
Galileo Search is conducting an executive search for an HIM Director / Privacy Officer. Are you ready to work with a team of committed and dedicated professionals who support each other like family? Our Client is deeply rooted in the community and focused on delivering high-quality healthcare to every patient that comes through their doors.
Swim in the pristine waters of nearby lakes, tour Native American cave paintings, enjoy vintage wines, and so much more. This multi-cultural paradise offers an amazing cost of living, great schools, and an unparalleled quality of life! This area is booming economically and offers an abundance of arts and culture, friendly locals. This town’s rich history provides a formula for both personal & professional success!
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Reports to the Sr. Director of Revenue Cycle
• Approximately 17 FTEs
• Establishes, reviews, and updates short-term and long-term goals for the HIM Department to maintain consistency with hospital-wide plans
• Develops a comprehensive, realistic annual budget that reflects departmental needs based on external and internal environments and the application of cost-effective management
• Manages the department in a cost-effective manner by utilizing current materials management techniques, maximizing human resources and continuously re-evaluating how services are delivered
• Establishes policies and procedures necessary for effective and efficient systems and management of human resources.
• Ensures compliance with all HIM policies and procedures
• Improves staff performance through ongoing counseling, coaching, delegation, and feedback practices
• Plans and coordinates staff development and continuing education
• Maintains knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access, and release of information and release control technologies
• Ensures the facility has and maintains appropriate privacy and confidentiality consent and authorization forms, disclosure tracking, information notices and materials reflecting current policies and procedures pertinent to privacy of protected health information (PHI)
• Maintains current knowledge of applicable federal and state privacy laws (HIPAA) and accreditation standards
• Ensures compliance with privacy practices and consistent application of sanctions for failure to comply with facility privacy practices for all individuals in the facility’s workforce, extended workforce, and business associates
• RHIA certification preferred
• Minimum 3 years of hospital experience in HIM management functions
• Knowledge of TJC, HIPAA, federal, and state regulations for healthcare
• EMR implementation experience preferred; Meditech experience a plus
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.