Interim Infection Preventionist | ICAR Training - LTCFs | CIC Required | Texas
Highly Competitive Pay | Lodging | Flights | Rental Car Or Mileage | Meals | World-Class Support
ICAR Assessment & Training Project
We have immediate interim opportunities for CIC Certified Infection Preventionists with current experience in acute care hospitals, LTACs, or LTC facilities.
Galileo Search, LLC in conjunction with a leading National Association Consultancy and a project with the Texas State Department of Health is deploying Infection Preventionists across Texas to deliver CDC Infection Control Assessment & Response (ICAR) recommendations and training to Long-Term Care Facilities (LTCFs) within a designated town or city.
Contractors will be required to provide and use their own laptop and cell phone for this assignment – these items are not being provided
• There will be virtual ICAR training from your hotel room once you arrive at the assigned location
• Approximately 60 - 70% of the work is traveling to facilities within daily driving distance from your hotel, and about 30 - 40% being conducted remotely from your hotel
• Coordinate onsite LTC facility visits with state surveyors
• Prepare written reports
• Conduct basic research
• Project ends on July 31st, 2020 with potential extension
The ICAR Assessment:
• Provides an infection control assessment and helps LTC facilities with their Infection Control Risk Assessment priorities and planning activities
• Educates employees/staff on infection prevention and antibiotic stewardship activities in LTC facilities
• Increase the facility’s capacity to detect, report and address healthcare-acquired infections and outbreaks
• Supports preparation for regulatory surveys
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• RN, MT or MPH
• CIC required
• Minimum of 5 through ideally 10+ years of experience in acute care infection prevention
• Computer literacy is essential
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Staffing Services, a division of Galileo Search, LLC., is a premier provider of interim healthcare specialists, professionals, and executives to acute care hospitals nationwide. To learn more about Galileo Staffing Services, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com.
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"Interim, Temp, Temporary, Consulting, Consultant, Travel, Independent, Contractor,", "Arizona, AZ, California, CA, Colorado, CO, Nevada, NV, New Mexico, NM, Texas, TX, Utah, UT", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"