Sr. Infection Preventionist | Bachelor’s, RN | Coastal Massachusetts
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Infection Preventionist for our Client in the majestic coastal Northeastern U.S, a 100+ bed facility that is accredited by The Joint Commission.
Located in a small town known for its exquisite coastline, four seasons, rich history, top-notch schools, and high quality of living, the residents have a deep sense of pride and respect for their community. Cultural events, entertainment activities, and natural attractions abound!
The Senior Infection Preventionist acts as a resource/consultant within the hospital regarding all matters that relate to the prevention and control of infection including outbreak investigation; isolation precautions; implementation of evidence-based measures for prevention of infection; review of patient care products proposed for purchase; review of construction and renovation projects concerning infection prevention; development of infection prevention policies and procedures. The Senior Infection Preventionist ensures that the hospital complies with the recommendations and regulations of governmental agencies and regulatory authorities concerning infection prevention.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Collaborates in performance of the annual Infection Control Risk Assessment by providing Hospital Data on the hospital-associated infection that is pertinent to the risk assessment
•Collaborates in the development of the yearly Infection Prevention Program Plan
• Utilizes surveillance software for the collection, analysis, and reporting of those hospital-associated infections outlined in the Infection Prevention Program Plan. Uses surveillance software to collect/analyze and report on outbreak investigations and other special epidemiologic studies
• Reviews, promptly, all analyses and reports on hospital-associated infection including outbreak investigations with the Director of Infection Prevention and the Hospital Epidemiologist
• Provides physicians, staff members, managers/directors, and senior management with timely reports on hospital-associated infection rates, including internal and external benchmarks and recommendations for improvement
• Provides managers/directors and senior management reports on outbreak investigations and recommendations
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Community and Preventive Medicine or Nursing
• If a Registered Nurse, current MA RN license or eligible for reciprocity
• Certification in Infection Control (CIC) preferred
• Three to Five years’ experience in an acute care hospital setting as an Infection Preventionist
Acute Care Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Connecticut, CT, Maine, ME, Massachusetts, MA, New Hampshire, NH, Rhode Island, RI, Vermont, VT", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"