Interim Infection Preventionist/Consultant | System-Wide Support | Michigan
Galileo has an immediate opening for an experienced Infection Preventionist for an interim assignment with our client based in Michigan.
Our client is seeking a team player/collaborator and hands-on contributor that can jump in, when and where, as needed. This is a support role to the existing Infection Preventionist teams across multi-site facilities with a strong focus on education.
• Reports to the Vice President of Quality and Safety with dotted line to the CMO and COO
• Accountable for the clinical, operational, and support activities of the Department of Infection Prevention in accordance with the hospital’s mission, values, and strategic plan
• Ensures multidisciplinary implementation of continuous quality improvement and educational programs which foster actions, beliefs, and responsibility for infection control in each member of the medical center team
• Conducts ongoing surveillance investigation and follow up of infections through review of admission diagnoses, microbiology culture results, isolation orders, patient records, consultation requests, and post-discharge surveillance
• Analyzes trends & risk factors and designs & evaluates prevention and control strategies
• Participates in investigation and reporting of hospital infection outbreaks
• Performs program assessment and makes recommendations for correction and improvement
• Provides a safe healthcare environment for patients by using evidence-based guidelines to prevent HAIs
• Develops prevention and educational strategies for staff, physicians, and patients
• RN, MT(ASCP), or MPH
• CIC highly preferred
• Current acute care infection prevention and control experience ideally in a multi-site environment
• Experience with various EMR and surveillance systems a plus
• Ability to travel between semi-local client sites and work a full-time schedule or as needed
About Galileo Search:
How will YOU benefit when working with Galileo?
• Highly competitive pay rates that are best in the industry -- with weekly direct-deposit
• Generous per diem for incidentals expenses and the housing of your choice if not provided by the client
• Travel expense reimbursement (flights, rental car or mileage) when applicable
• Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and 401k available
• State License expense reimbursement for endorsement
• Comprehensive insurance coverage
• Short or long-term assignments
• Professional liability insurance coverage
• World-class support before, during and after each assignment
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.