Director of Women's and Children's Services | Exclusive Search | Alabama
Surrounded by Pristine Lakes and a short drive to Majestic Mountain Ranges & the Beaches of the Gulf of Mexico
Ranking among the Top 25 U.S. Places for Cost of Living | Affordable Housing | Low Property Tax
Galileo Search is working closely with the CNO (Chief Nursing Officer), Vice President & the Director of Human Resources to identify and recruit healthcare's top clinical leadership talent for this outstanding career opportunity. We have a great deal of insight to share with you.
Our client is an award-winning acute care hospital with a specialization in delivering women's and children's healthcare services. They are experiencing rapid growth and have several new expansion projects underway. Their current Director will be retiring after a very long and successful career with the organization, and we are seeking a new visionary leader to take the helm. The current Director will also serve as a mentor to the new Director to better ensure a smooth transition, and successful onboarding. Desired traits for the new Director include proactive versus reactive leadership, high visibility, accountability, collaborator, and relationship builder with a track record as a true change agent. The selected candidate will have proven expertise in both Pediatrics and Women's Health disciplines. This high-profile position will report to a dynamic and supportive Chief Nursing Officer (CNO).
Located in the heart of the South, the area offers colorful autumns, mild winters, and excellent proximity to both beaches and the mountains. Listed as one of the 'Top 25 U.S. Places for Low Cost of Living'; citizens enjoy keeping more of their income thanks to affordable housing, and low property taxes. The city is filled with historical landmarks, performing arts centers, indoor/outdoor sporting activities, world-class shopping, and dining options to keep even the most active resident happily engaged.
• Approximately 330 FTEs with 8 Managers across the assigned service lines
• 35 OB/GYN on staff / 3,600 deliveries annually / 27% of ED volume is pediatric
• Oversight responsibilities will include Labor & Delivery, Mother-Baby, and NICU
• Responsibilities include performance improvement, policies and procedures, staffing/productivity, and program development
• Works closely with staff, physicians, and others to ensure quality patient care
• Demonstrates effective leadership and care
• Contributes to the innovation of nursing practice and applies findings as appropriate
• Serves as a clinical consultant for staff in the delivery of exemplary patient care
• Demonstrates effective leadership qualities, sound judgment, and strong interpersonal relationships
• Maintains current knowledge of health care trends and nursing practices
• Active Alabama RN Licensure and eligible for reciprocity
• Five years of effective leadership experience in a maternal-child clinical practice environment
• Strong team, mentoring and relationship building skills across service lines
• Genuine commitment to continuing education
About Galileo Search:
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.