Infection Preventionist, Quality & Safety Specialist | RN, MT(ASCP) or MPH | Charming Small Town New England
Competitive Compensation | Superb Benefits Program | Relocation Assistance
Galileo Search is conducting a search for an experienced Infection Preventionist / Quality & Safety Specialist for our Client in New England. Our client is a 25+ bed Critical Access hospital focused on providing high-quality health care services and improving the health and wellbeing of its surrounding community.
The sought after locale offers you the opportunity to emerse yourself into quenticential New England charm and enjoy quaint, small town living. Settled in the heart of New England, this organization’s location offers excellent amenities, superb schools, and an amazing variety of indoor and year-round outdoor activities, all considered this could be the perfect location for your next career move!
The IP/QS Specialist will direct and coordinate the infection control program with overarching goal of identifying and reducing the risk of endemic and healthcare associated infections among patients, personnel, medical staff, volunteers, visitors, students and other healthcare workers in the community that it serves.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
• Create, review, revise and manage all policies as they relate to infection prevention
• Ensure compliance with all Federal, State and Local regulations as they pertain to infection prevention practices
• Ensure that Infection Control Plan is current, reflects best practices and is implemented throughout the facility
• Responsible for coordinating the quality improvement initiatives as they pertain to Infection Prevention. This may include collection and submission of data to NHSN, NHBID, HIIN, NHICEP in compliance with deadlines
• In conjunction with the Quality Improvement Department, design, implement and measure the success of hospital wide quality improvement
• Supports the development and implementation of quality improvement measures and audits, and assists in improving quality processes throughout the enterprise through coordinating and engaging in activities to resolve deficiencies
• Monitors, performs, or manages quality improvement processes including those supporting compliance to regulatory standards
• Collect, analyze and report on a variety of data to assess the quality and appropriateness of care and to provide oversight in the allocation and utilization of program resources
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• RN or MT(ASCP)
• CIC preferred
• 2-3+ years Infection Prevention experience in an acute care setting
• Experience with Quality Improvement methodologies a plus
Critical Access Hospital
About Galileo Search:
Galileo Search, LLC partners with hospitals and healthcare organizations across the United States to identify, recruit and retain the most accomplished professionals and executives in the industry. Our clients include community and critical access hospitals, health systems, academic medical centers, and Fortune 500 corporations. To learn more about Galileo Search, LLC, visit our website at www.galileosearch.com
Are you ready for an exceptional career search experience? Take the first step.
Forward your resume for confidential review or call to discuss this or other available career opportunities. Submit your resume via email for immediate consideration or use our convenient online Galileo Candidate Registry.
"job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, leader, leadership, management,", "Connecticut, CT, Maine, ME, Massachusetts, MA, New Hampshire, NH, Rhode Island, RI, Vermont, VT", "Infection Prevention, nosocomial infections, Infection Preventionist, Epidemiologist, Infection Control Nurse, Infection Control Practitioner, Infection Control Coordinator, Infection Control Manager, Infection Control Director, ICP, infection control, infection prevention, epidemiology, HAI, healthcare associated infection, surveillance, performance improvement, performance measurement, federal regulations, standards, survey, accreditation, patient safety, procedures, compliance, reimbursement, requirements, staph infections, CA_MRSA, MRSA, Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus, Mediastinitis Surgical Site, Clostridium difficile, Super Bug, antibiotics, contagious, bacteria, Carefusion MedMined, TheraDoc, Premier SafetySurveillor, AICE, ICNet, Sentri7, RL Solutions IMPro, SafetySurveillor,", "CBIC, Certification Board of Infection Control and Epidemiology, CIC, Certified Infection Control, APIC, Association for Professionals in Infection Control & Epidemiology, Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America, The Joint Commission, JCAHO, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, CDC, Centers for Disease Control, DOH, Department of Health, pay for performance, CMS, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, DSHS, Department of Social and Health Services, ASCP, American Society of Clinical Pathology, OSHA, Occupational Safety and Health Administration,", "job, jobs, career, careers, employment, relo, relocation, HR, human resources, staff, staffing, recruiter, recruitment, executive search, Advancement, leader, leadership, management, Supervisor, Manager, Director, Executive Director, Vice President, VP, Chief, RN, Registered Nurse, , MT, Medical Technologist, MPH, Masters Public Health, BSN, Bachelors, MSN, Masters, PhD, MPH, Juris Doctorate, JD, Six Sigma, health-care, health care, healthcare, medical, hospital, healthcare system, acute care, Medical, Magnet,"